Big Ten Basketball 2019-20 Discussion

If it is true people knew he was actually sick before the game, I would actually be in awe of how stupid an entire program could be.

5 Likes

Can we request Indiana’s locker room for tomorrow?

7 Likes

Ideally, the one in Bloomington.

6 Likes

If Nebraska can’t win a NCAA Tournament game, then nobody can.

3 Likes

But at least they have TVs in their toilet stalls…

Archie Miller actually handing this really well at his press conference.

1 Like
4 Likes

I’ve been told that as of right now, the NCAA tournament is not going to be canceled and they’re waiting until a player catches corona before reevaluating…

While I think people are under-reacting regard the seriousness of the spread of the virus, I think the Gobert/NBA situation has made people overreact regarding the cancelation of leagues/tournaments.

If Hoiberg tests positive, the BTT will certainly be cancelled. If Hoiberg doesn’t test positive, I have a hunch that the BTT will resume as normal tomorrow… until someone tests positive.

Not saying this is the right way to do it at all though.

3 Likes

Anyone reputable reporting that?

100% agree. In times of panic, especially over social media, we need to remember that not everyone is reacting in the same way your “bubble” is reacting. For example, if you went on reddit in 2016(and honestly this election too) you would think that Bernie would be running away with that(this) election. We all know how that went and is going. I hope we all don’t panic react on this.

Friend of a friend who works at Fox Sports. No true reporting.

3 Likes

What’s the turnaround time for a test in Indianapolis? The fastest test time reported is 8 hours in Cleveland. Regardless if Hoiberg has it or not he made an incredibly selfish decision that may lead to the Big Ten Tournament being canceled just as a precaution.

Well it seems like Gobert had a turn around time of a couple hours. Didn’t he?

1 Like

Not sure. He wasn’t even in the arena tonight. The articles I’ve read sound like he was tested for everything today and they just got the positive results right before tip off.

1 Like

The hopeful situation is that he tests positive for the flu

1 Like
1 Like

Seems odd. You can’t be cleared without being tested, and if he was tested and cleared why would they quarantine the team?

Yeah, doesn’t add up. Who cleared him? And what was he cleared of? Even if he has the flu, he shouldn’t have been there. And if he wasn’t tested for CV then who thought this was okay? Fortunately he doesn’t have it, but regardless this was a reckless and irresponsible decision given the state of the country right now. People need to use common sense.

1 Like