Big Ten Basketball 2019-20 Discussion

It’s a different virus, and appears to have a higher mortality rate. We can’t assume it will play out the same.

I’m not personally in the most vulnerable cohort but have relatives who are, and also have family members who work in the ER, so I’m really hoping a lot of people take precaution here and the curve is flattened.

3 Likes

Tournaments not gonna happen guys. Feel awful for X and Teske

X’s last game was a loss :weary::sob:

Who is Shams Charania? I just read an article that was timed, like 15 minutes ago that said suspending the season was discussed but that they’ve decided to play the games without fans present.

Shams is reputable, and you may have read two reports out of chronological order, as the suspension of the season followed pretty closely with an official announcement to play without fans.

Yes, my article said that any further decision was be made Thursday (tomorrow). So has the NBA said this or just a tweet from this Charania guy?

Shams is basically Diet Woj. 2nd best NBA source there is.

2 Likes

This from NBA website.

NBA To Suspend

Season Thursday

The league will use this hiatus to determine next steps for moving forward in regard to the coronavirus pandemic.

I think the fact that Gobert may have been contagious for over a week, played several games against teams who have gone on to play other teams and so on means the entire league, or a real large part, could have potentially be infected. You can’t go on with that.

1 Like

It’s over

4 Likes

NU football players checking in.

So it sounds like everyone knew Hoiberg was sick before the game based on what I’m hearing on the broadcast? What the hell is going?

3 Likes

Wow how stupid is that. Why the heck would you coach the game if you weren’t feeling well??

2 Likes

The BTT is almost certainly going to get cancelled. I just don’t see how they could risk it at this point. I’d be surprised if we play our game tomorrow.

1 Like

We are now entering creepy interlude chapters from The Stand territory.

1 Like

Nebraska will not be available for postgame press conference. Yeeks.

Off topic from the pandemic, but Beilein is straight up chilling on the set. He’s leaning back in the chair and spinning it back and forth :rofl:

4 Likes
1 Like

Hoiberg coaching might be the dumbest thing I’ve seen in a long long time. Coaches are so dumb.

6 Likes

This is utterly, completely insane.