Big Ten Basketball 2019-20 Discussion

I live in Indy and that’s not happening here at all other than a handful of schools closing. I work downtown and this has been the worst week of traffic I’ve dealt with on my daily commute in about 5 months.

I get central authorities aren’t making these decisions. It’s likely insurance advisors telling the event host to cancel and avoid years in defense costs.

Did anybody have any luck getting reimbursed on stubhub? $250 is something I would very much want to see again

2 Likes

Interesting. I’d bet it will be different next week, but we shall see…this whole thing is unlike anything I’ve ever experienced.

1 Like

I purchased the insurance (just to be safe) but Stubhub’s chat moderators are advising that they will reimburse.

1 Like

H1N1 wasn’t that different. 61 million cases in the US with 12,469 deaths. 575,400 deaths worldwide.

Obviously early, but not even close to those numbers yet. Mortality rate for COVID-19 is higher right now, but South Korea has shown that’s pretty much due to testing and the virus hitting two of the worst areas possible off the bat. Wuhan has a large number of long time smokers over 65 and Italy is the oldest population in Europe.

So the B1G is trying to make it fun for the players, family members, media, etc., who will be permitted to attend the B1G tourney. There will be a bobbing for apples section on one side of the concessions, with jacuzzis and kissing booths on the other.

1 Like

We really need to change those criteria.

1 Like

Havent tried yet. Will check at their on site hub tomorrow and will update.

Indiana-Nebraska so far is … fun?

Indiana playing like a team that knows if it loses to Nebraska it might lose its place in the big dance.

I’d love to see Archie Miller lose this and then tell the world that Joe Lunardi is incompetent again

4 Likes

“Our advantage is in transition,” says the coach of a team with Trayce Jackson-Davis playing a team with no one who is over, like, 6’4.

1 Like

H1N1 played out. Corona just started. South koreas was only so low because of their prevention efforts. Right now I’d expect America’s mortality rate to be much closer to Italy’s

1 Like

This seems to be heading in a direction that results in no NCAA tournament. Today escalated soooooo quickly.

We just need to not go outside until this passes.

Lol. How about a umhoops get together?

This post aged poorly.

3 Likes

There is no chance the NCAA Tournament is played at this point. As soon as one player, coach or staffer tests positive, it is over — if it isn’t already.

A cancellation of the Big Ten Tournament is certainly possible, as well.

1 Like

Haha, so did mine!

1 Like

I know it played out. It was a decade ago. That’s why I prefaced with the phrase “obviously early”