Big Ten Basketball 2019-20 Discussion

Actually, they should consult with Bankers Life Fieldhouse. Trust me, people attempt to file claims against them for things WAY more minor than COVID-19. If someone believes there is the smallest possibility that they contracted the virus at Bankers Life, then Bankers Life will hear about it. They can get a rough idea of how many cases are potentially coming out of the arena. It’s better than nothing.

So, as of now, the Big Ten tourney is going to have fans and the NCAA tourney is not, is that right?

Can you supply an actual link to this story? Not doubting its veracity, but want to read it in full, to compare with several connected stories I’m examining. Thanks.

Correct. That’s the situation right now.

1 Like

I literally just heard it announced by Katy Tur on MSNBC.
EDIT:. Sorry, didn’t read your entire post. Don’t have link to the statement.

Players/coaches should be tested. If we’re asking them to travel around in this climate, it only makes sense.

2 Likes

That statement kind of reads like they’ve already decided the entire tournament will not have fans.

They have. Read the second statement here:

BTT is still a go for fans right now.

As of right now, no I don’t think so.

1 Like

Wow. I’d be all for postponing the Final Four for a month or as long as it takes to ensure fans can go. They already have that kind of break for football teams. I have no doubt the networks could accommodate the change.

The problem is that players who are off to the NBA likely will have no interest in playing in a couple months. They will be focused on the next stage of their basketball careers. And without NBA players in the tourney, it would totally affect the outcome of the tournament. Most of the best teams have NBA players

4 Likes

I don’t see how you could possibly postpone the season. Kids are graduating, moving onto careers, the NBA, etc.

2 Likes

I actually think postponing the Final Four might make things worse. The country hasn’t reached the apex of the virus yet and it might be awhile until it gets there. But I’m speaking on pure speculation, so if anyone more educated than me could confirm or refute this you should listen to them lol

1 Like

I’m saying play it down to the Final Four teams and then postpone until the end of April or so. From what I’ve read we should hopefully be out of the woods by then. It’d probably just be 3 weeks or so.

I think we should just award the championship to Yale.

10 Likes

I don’t think we are anywhere near the Apex. Neither, it seems, does Dr. Fauci.

3 Likes

If the tourney gets cancelled outright (still possible)… which team(s) claim the title??? :joy:

Alabama. This is the only answer IMO.

4 Likes

Michigan. We won the Battle for Atlantis. Just as the last 2 champions did

9 Likes

Make sure you put on your masks prior to tuning in the B1G Network this evening. I haven’t seen even one virologist refute the notion that this evil virus is capable of traveling through the television and into your vulnerable lung tissue.

3 Likes