Big Ten Basketball 2019-20 Discussion

I think he meant because we are in the 8/9 game and BTN lists PSU as the 8. They are just wrong on the tiebreakers and should’ve listed PSU ahead of Rutgers.

It lists both UM and Rutgers as 8-9 range. It is just a really bad graphic with a worse tweet about “order”.

4 Likes

That’s dumb of the Big Ten. Not you.

3 Likes

Agree there for sure, what an awful graphic. (I’ll take my blame too ha)

They are actually correct about the order right now, that Rutgers is ahead of PSU for the 7th seed @MaizeBlue10

However, it’s impossible that Rutgers stays in the 7th spot tomorrow. They will fall back definitively to 8/9 based on whether we win/lose. It’s complicated but it makes sense once you dig into it.

1 Like

Lol Rocket Watts banks in two 3s. Disgusting shots

2 Likes

Washington is just chucking today

To balance the ledger, we’re gonna bank in two 3s in the BTT finals against Sparty. It’s only fair.

2 Likes

I’ve always feared Aaron Henry figuring it out in spite of Izzo’s tantrums directed at him.

Watching Ohio’s Wesson and Liddel just relentlessly bang and chicken wing their way to the basket only to watch B1G officials give them whistles is just so ugly; poor brand of basketball. So disappointed B1G officials reward that style of play with cheap whistles.

1 Like

MSU is so good because of how Izzo coaches. Everyone hates him and how animated he is out there but why is MSU so consistently good? It’s because he always gets his to play hard, physical and tough. And if they’re not he’ll let them hear it. Obviously he can be a little extra sometimes but it works.

1 Like

I hate to break it to you but you’ve been carried for the past 4 years by a generational talent paired with a great big man.

Credit to Izzo for recruiting him but enjoy this season.

This Iowa/Illinois game is exceptionally entertaining. These teams do NOT like each other. Double-bye is a big reward for the W.

What about the other 20 years he’s been coaching. I also wouldn’t consider Cassius Winston a generational talent. He’s undersized, lacks quickness and explosiveness but he’s a savvy and smart player. Obviously his and Tillman’s productivity is a large part due to coaching. Xavier Tillman is one of the hardest working players I have watched. Coincidental?

Winston is a generational talent because in today’s day and age you just don’t get elite college players to stay 4 years. It’s once in a generation you get a guy who doesn’t have NBA measurables to leave early, but is still an elite college player.

5 Likes

I wouldn’t say “generational talent.” I would say he’s a generational college type player. Talent just isn’t the word to describe it.

What I’m trying to tell you, is Izzo is a good coach but he also Is the same guy that lost to cuse with elite talent, I think he also lost to Tennessee state or something like that in the first round. Point being he’s been propped up the past few years by an incredible point guard.

He’s a generational college talent. To say talent isn’t it is blind. Yes he lacks a bit of athleticism but in college his talent has overcome that

1 Like

Guy puts together back to back All-American seasons, finishes top 3 nationally in assist rate 3 of 4 years and is a career 43% 3-point shooter but he isn’t talented. :exploding_head:

11 Likes