Big Ten Basketball 2019-20 Discussion

Even if they lose, I’d rather lose to Wisconsin than MSU. Don’t have to deal with the Badger fan base running their mouths all the time.

6 Likes

No Eli for Wisconsin really messed up Michigan’s defensive rotations and offensive flow. I think there’s a greater chance that Michigan cleans up their play versus Winston having another crappy game.

7 Likes

IU can’t even execute the foul game correctly. Jeez.

I am worried about playing a hungry Purdue or Rutgers team in the 8/9 game. Beating us on a neutral court would be a resume booster for sure.

Who would you rather play on Thursday

• Rutgers
  • Purdue

0 voters

I feel like there’s a lot of bad coaches in the league but Archie Miller has gotta be pretty far down the list for me

1 Like

Yeah, Wisconsin felt like a worst-case scenario type of game - they were on fire, we couldn’t hit (or get off) any 3s, no Eli, missed FTs and still we were right there at the end. As annoying as they are to play, I’d rather face them than Sparty again.

9 Likes

The Gard hire was laughed at and hes been criticized but overall its been a pretty terrific hire.

2 Likes

Also, while Simpson had big games against both MSU and UW, against MSU it was by shooting 3s while against UW it was getting to the rim, which seems more replicable.

2 Likes

If MSU gives Simpson warmup three pointers, he’s likely to knock them down again.

7th seed still in play for U-M, although by a fingernail. Rutgers needs to win.

I went with Purdue but honestly I don’t really know. Just feel like Rutgers plays really hard all the time while Purdue is a mystery.

Wisconsin’s win doesn’t clinch the No. 1 seed in the Big Ten Tournament.

I believe Michigan State would be the No. 1 seed if Michigan beats Maryland and Illinois beats Iowa.

Here is the only scenario where MSU is the 1 seed now. Michigan beats Maryland, MSU beats OSU, Illinois beats Iowa. Wisconsin is the 1 seed in any other scenario.

Gard for BIG Coach of the Year? That’d be my vote at this point.

1 Like

Ok. Now the scenarios have been narrowed down a lot. If I’m thinking correctly:

The only way MSU gets the 1 seed is if Michigan wins, MSU wins, and Illinois wins.By my estimates that’s like a 15% probability (given that each home team has a 70% chance of winning). In all other scenarios Wisconsin gets the 1 seed, so it’s very likely now (~85%) that we’ll have to go through Wisconsin in round 2 of the BTT.

Correct me if I’m wrong.

Edit: Nvm, multiple posts above explain it all!

Gard should be unanimous COY this year. Big Ten title possibly without even having a player who is an All-Conference player. Also had their second leading scorer transfer halfway through the year

9 Likes

I went with Purdue as well.

My reasoning is that I hate playing teams that suck at threes and are good at other things. The “other things” are usually more sustainable and consistent (defense, rebounding, two point efficiency), and so all it takes is an above average game from three for those guys to lay it on us.

We were lucky that Rutgers shot a lot below their already horrible average in the two games we played against them.

1 Like

He’s got to be the choice. They were in the middle of the pack all year and then suddenly they’re league champs? Crazy.

1 Like