Big Ten Basketball 2019-20 Discussion

Anyone watching the Wisconsin v IU game noticing how the announcers are praising Micah Potter’s defense lol?

1 Like

Fair, I just think that a third rivalry game has been super fun each of the past two seasons.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s more fun when you think you’re on even ground with them like the last two years. Last year I legitimately thought Michigan would beat them all 3 times (that was depressing). This year’s Michigan team will probably lose round 3 and I’d rather not have that happen.

4 Likes

I would love to play MSU. The chance for Howard to start 2-1 against Izzo has a brighter upside than the downside of Howard starting 1-2 in his first year. Meaning if we won, then it’s a pretty successful year for Howard and Izzo would have to sit on that for the entire year. If we lost, then who cares? “Just wait for Howard to get his guys here” type of thing.

3 Likes

Yeah these announcers are on one hah

Yeah, last year I was praying to play MSU again because I thought we would beat them and avenge our two losses in the reg. season. This year I’m not so confident.

4 Likes

Haha same! Didn’t go as planned.

Eh, give me Cassius vs. Zavier one more time all the way.

6 Likes

This looks like a team that just knows how to win vs. Archie Miller. Don’t think this ends well for Indiana

Ideal scenario is that they end up as the two seed and lose to us as the eighth seed in the Finals. Chances of that are so low though and so I’m not gonna get my hopes up lol

1 Like

I agree with that narrative however, Cassius is so much more likely to carve us apart as a scorer whereas MSU’s whole game-plan is to make X a scorer. I just don’t like the fact that us winning has a large part to do with X hitting perimeter shots. He did it last game but it’s not something I’m confident in.

4 Likes

This Indiana team :poop:

1 Like

FWIW, Michigan played one of its best games against Michigan State and its worst games against Wisconsin.

3 Likes

If Livers can get truly healthy, I feel good against almost any team. But I’m afraid that might not happen this season.

True that, we were missing Eli for the Wisconsin game and X hit 4 threes against MSU. Not so confident the latter will happen again.

I like Eli vs Cassius better

Is this a must-win for IU’s tourney chances (assuming no big run in the BTT)?

Seems like that question is up for debate…

If we get Wisconsin in the BTT instead of MSU and lose let’s forget about this whole thread.

Seems like they’re pushing it. Also will depend on which other bubble teams play themselves “out”, so to speak.