Big Ten announces 2019-20 conference schedule

1 Like

Schedule looks fairly balanced. No real gauntlet of games that I can really see. Our toughest four game stretch is @MSU, Purdue, @Minnesota and @Iowa in early January IMO

3 Likes

I agree with you there but the 7 game stretch from Iowa St thru Oregon is absolutely brutal. But you deal with what you have to deal with.

I like the timing and spacing for the MSU games. If they play in the BTT, it will be three games all separated by a month. Last they played 3 times within a month.

1 Like

Friday 1/31: Fly to NYC
Saturday 2/1: Play Rutgers, Fly back to Michigan
Sunday 2/2: Rutgers film, practice
Monday 2/3: Ohio State film, Practice
Tuesday 2/4: Rivalry game
Saturday 2/8: Rivalry game

Yup, would wayyyyyy rather be prepping for that week without two winter flights and my team sleeping in their own beds. Substantial disadvantage for two huge games and a third “can’t take a bad loss” game

1 Like

Has anyone said they wouldn’t rather play a home game?

Yes, a common theme on this board and elsewhere was, “love this, will give exposure to an otherwise invisible game”

One poster here also called it a, “great strategic decision”

I think the point from the other thread was that it wasn’t really a “strategic decision” in any regard because it is a Big Ten thing.

Wrote about it here as well:

Yes, but moving beyond whether it’s in or out of Michigan’s control, it’s still a tremendous disadvantage, and I think seeing it in the context of the schedule very clearly illustrates that