Aubrey Dawkins turning a few heads at Adidas Nations

I think AD is the most under emphasized player I have ever seen at UM in 45 years of following hoops. He scored over 30, how many times over 20. Didn't turn the ball over. Can jump out of the gym. Sure he didn't dribble or pass--anyone remember Calbert Cheney? AD can get off a shot, from deep, and make it. And you gotta believe he will improve as a rebounder and finally put down some of those follow-up slams. Didn't come in as a highly rated guy, I get it. But per his accomplishments over the last half of season--phew! Not saying he will be a long-time NBA player, but has the tools to make a huge impact again even on a somewhat loaded deep team.

I’ve seen a lot of people on other boards and other fans I’ve talked to already put Dawkins in the legaue, potentially best player on this year’s team, etc…so I disagree with that part. I think people are actually hyping him a little too much. I’m a big fan of his, but he wasn’t much more than a spot up shooter last year. Now, that’s probably all we need from him this year with everyone coming back, but I wanna see a whole year of consistency(relatively speaking) before I take him up another notch.

I just repeat he has the tools to make a huge impact again even on a somewhat loaded deep team. 12-15ppg

I just repeat he has the tools to make a huge impact again even on a somewhat loaded deep team. 12-15ppg

Keep shooting and keep improving. He will be great.

Huge chance for Aubrey and some of the other wings to prove themselves in practice this offseason and leading into the season with Irvin sidelined.

Bummer for Irvin. Hope he’s back soon.

Bummer for Irvin. Hope he's back soon.

You should be pun-ished for that…

For all the credit the S & C staff get (deserving in my opinion) for the athletic gains, we seem to have a very hard time keeping our guys healthy the past 3 years…hope this doesn’t turn into an annual trend.

Well Irvin went home and trained, Mitch McGary busted his a** and back falling off his Motorcycle. As for LeVert and Walton you may have a point.

For all the credit the S & C staff get (deserving in my opinion) for the athletic gains, we seem to have a very hard time keeping our guys healthy the past 3 years........hope this doesn't turn into an annual trend.
Well Irvin went home and trained, Mitch McGary busted his a** and back falling off his Motorcycle. As for LeVert and Walton you may have a point.
For all the credit the S & C staff get (deserving in my opinion) for the athletic gains, we seem to have a very hard time keeping our guys healthy the past 3 years........hope this doesn't turn into an annual trend.

Add Spike to the list.

https://instagram.com/p/76Rq02RIhS/

Aubrey Dawkins dunk session. I want to see him throw a couple down in a game!

Here’s another one:

https://instagram.com/p/76KrFexImS/

Here's another one:

https://instagram.com/p/76KrFexImS/

Those are the types of videos we saw from Glenn Robinson between freshman and sophomore year. I’d much rather see “boring” ball-handling drills like we saw from Stauskas.

Thought that was Dominique Wilkins for a second…

GeoffClark wrote: “Those are the types of videos we saw from Glenn Robinson between freshman and sophomore year. I’d much rather see ‘boring’ ball-handling drills like we saw from Stauskas.”

Honestly, I don’t think we can help you, Geoff. At least not until you recover from your sour mood. :slight_smile:

I’d like to see “boring” ball handling drills, too, and the three point practice game Stauskas and Robinson are so stellar at, but the truth is this kid has tremendous athletic ability as these videos clearly show. Combine that with his proven three point stroke and his Johnny Dawkins bloodlines and I think AD is and will continue to be very special. What a great find and recruiting job by JB and staff!