Ask Me Anything: Preseason Edition 2018-19

Any chance Poole could sneak into a late to mid second round pick?

At this point, I would never say to no to “is there any chance that ____ can sneak into a mid second round pick”

We’ve seen too many guys at U-M go from off the draft board to on it.

1 Like

Which B10 team will have the biggest increase in wins this season? (teams like Wiscy, Northwestern, etc.) Which will have the biggest decrease in wins? (teams that lost a lot like OSU, Purdue, etc.)

Any rule changes this year we should know about?

1 Like

Great choice! It’s mine too.

Biggest Increase: Iowa
Biggest Decrease: Ohio State

Interesting choice with Iowa. While I feel like their talent and coaching SHOULD result in more wins, I don’t think their roster changed enough to bank on that. I do think Wisconsin is going to rebound toward their every-annoying level of competence since they get two starters back and got a lot of experience for young guys that otherwise wouldn’t have played much last year.

Agree on OSU. They did a lot of that with smoke, mirrors, and KBD being awesome.

1 Like

Rank the projected starters in terms of most points-per-game. (i.e. how confident are you on Poole making a leap, Iggy being a primary scorer, and Matthews being high or low usage)

1 Like

Went with Iowa because they won 4 games last year and Wisconsin won 7.

1. Matthews
  2. Iggy
  3. Poole
  4. Simpson
  5. Teske
1 Like

Do you (or anyone) know viewing options for the game on Friday? Or Tuesday?

Not that I’m aware of on the court… good question though.

BTN-Plus!

Basically have to subscribe for a month and you’ll get the first two games. Just don’t forget to cancel.

https://www.btn2go.com/packages?type=0

Last year, Rahk/Poole combined to average 18.9 ppg while Livers/Robinson combined to average 12.6. Do you think Poole/Brooks and Iggy/Livers can top that?

I generally hate per game stats so have a hard time thinking about them in this sense.

Iggy and Livers will average more points per game than Livers and Robinson did last year, I think that’s fair. I wouldn’t think that Poole and Brooks combined average over 19 though.

For me the raw number of points or rebounds per game doesn’t really tell us anything. The question will be whether different players are efficient and how they use possessions.

Are we better on paper defensively this season? I know Teske is an upgrade from Wagner but I’m worried about Poole taking over for MAAR and Iggy being a freshman and not used to playing defense with the same intensity the team did last season.

Do you know if this BTN+ subscription allows you to watch the games on replay? Or just live?

I think so, but that makes the assumption that there’s buy in. John Beilein claimed that there was defensive buy-in by both of the guys you mention and if they are connected defensively… they’ll be fine.

Replay + Live. BTN usually airs a replay of the BTN+ broadcasts at some random time in the few days following the game as well.

2 Likes

Agreed, like minny too but curry news hurts. I’m a fan of Iowa’s roster though