18. Ohio St.
  19. Xavier
  20. Saint Mary’s (Cal.)
  21. Arizona
  22. LSU
  23. Purdue
  24. Auburn
  25. VCU

Others receiving votes: Washington 164, Colorado 152, Tennessee 78, Marquette 68, Florida St. 36, Davidson 34, Harvard 24, Illinois 14, Missouri 13, Mississippi St. 12, Georgetown 11, Houston 11, Cincinnati 8, Notre Dame 7, Creighton 4, N.C. State 3, Syracuse 3, Alabama 2, Liberty 2, Michigan 2, Southern Cal 2, Vermont 2, Colgate 1, Dayton 1, Providence 1.

Zavier is taping this to his locker as we speak.

18 Likes

Everybody just settin’ Juwan up to look like he has massively overachieved.

7 Likes

After seeing that “Other receiving votes” section I think I can officially say Michigan is underrated. As many votes as LIBERTY?

5 Likes

Let’s see if Juwan can coach them up…not bad though, talent alone puts them in the top 35-40. That’s what I call striking distance…play with a chip fellas!

3 Likes

Don’t get LSU being ranked.

I love that in May everyone had Memphis top 5 for whatever reason, then everyone realized they have an unproven coach and only 2 top 50 recruits coming in so they moved them back to like 15ish where they still have no business being.

3 Likes

I love being underrated, I hope the fuels the flame for the boys!

2 Likes

I’m definitely not one of the most optimistic people here about this years team. But teams that for sure should not have >= the amount of votes Michigan has:

Vermont
Liberty
Georgetown
Syracuse
Harvard
Tennessee
Mississippi St
Davidson
NC State

And there are several others that I get why they put over Michigan, but I think are wrong or the gap just doesn’t make sense to me.

2 Likes

But overall I’d say it’s good for Juwan Howard that no one really expects much. If the team disappoints it’s NBD at least on the national level. If they’re good the hype train will be massive.

4 Likes

What do we think the ranking would be if Beilein hadn’t left? Looking at this list, I would guess somewhere in the 18-22 range.

I promised myself I wouldn’t be upset when we inevitably were not included in the top 25… But TWO votes???

Good thread here:

8 Likes

Numbers five and eight remind me why it’s been increasingly fun, since I live in Tallahassee, to get to those games and root for FSU. An underdog that often overachieves at home.

Whoever voted for Colgate should lose their credentials.

Colgate is going to be pretty good this year. I’m all for throwing a bone to a mid-major that should be good.

2 Likes

Me too. New Mexico State should’ve taken out Auburn in the first round, and returns nearly everyone, Liberty should be solid again, St. Mary’s too. Vermont. Colgate will absolutely not be a top 25 team at any point this year.

It was John Feinstein, who wrote a book about the Patriot League I believe.

https://collegepolltracker.com/basketball/pollster/john-feinstein/2019/pre-season

2 Likes

Marcus Fuller was the only voted to rank Michigan

https://collegepolltracker.com/basketball/pollster/marcus-fuller/2019/pre-season

Do they still have Adonal Foyle?

1 Like

Beat me to it.

1 Like