Anyone Know What's Up with Bielfeldt and Dakich?

I was very surprised that Max didn’t play at all, even with the bench unit at the end, especially after his decent showing against Wayne State. Dakich on the other hand didn’t play against Hillsdale or Wayne State. Anyone know anything about what’s going on here? Injury?

Bucknell caveats aside, I don’t think any of us expected to see something like this in Max’s career. You just have to feel good for the guy.

No offense Oracle, but you are looking VERY ignorant right now…

No offense Oracle, but you are looking VERY ignorant right now...

We are looking very good right about now

After watching tonight, Max is a very good basketball player that is hindered by physical limitations. The guy knows his role, somewhat like JMo did, but lacks the athleticism and agility of JMo. We know now that he is much more of a jumpshooter.

The things that could earn Max the most PT of all the bigs is his physicality, only guy that can set a good screen, and solid offense, although we will see how he reacts to length. The inability to set a screen by the freshmen definitely hurt the offense and it is critical in a ball screen offense. One thing I trust him to do is box out well, and that gives the guards the opportunity to snatch some boards, and by the looks of things Caris and Derrick are up to that challenge, Irvin is looking better albeit inconsistent in that regard, and hopefully Kam picks things up there as well while also having a very important role in terms of putting a body on the opposition.

I think it’s because they are trying to get the freshman as much in game experience as possible, because they will need it in closer games and during conference play. Whereas Dakich and maybe Max won’t be on the court during crunch time so there is no reason to give them minutes at cost of the freshman right now even in blowouts.

That’s a very good point jakerblue.

Thank you Oracle for stating the obvious without answering my question, and doing it quite rudely. It was a 30 point blowout against a division 2 team and neither played. Can you point to one sentence in my post that would give you the idea that I thought that either one of them were rotation players? I understand that neither player is good, but when they don’t play in blowouts, or in Dakich’s case, in an exhibition, something else is up. All I wanted to know is if there was an injury or something, as it is VERY rare to not play all your players in a 40 and then 25 point blowout, but thanks for being a dick about it anyways Oracle.

I, for one, would at least be inclined to give Max a shot(although the leash would be very short), given what we’ve seen from Donnal and Doyle. Now, the younger guys obviously have more potential, but right here and now, I don’t know that there is much separation.

Completely agree MattD. I remember Max beating Donnal for offensive rebounds numerous times during the open practice as well. I think you might as well give him a shot, at least against the cupcakes, especially since he’s been here for 4 years and most likely has a better grasp of the system than the others.

Dakish could be an asset in 2016 if Walton leaves.

They both aren’t rotation players in the least. Is this a serious question?

Bielfeldt is a solid team guy and can help in certain situations, but all of the freshman have much higher ceilings and skill levels. Beilein knows what he has with Bielfedt.

Dakich isn’t going to play much beyond at the end of games during blowouts and even then might not get in.

If Max were only 6’10…we can only wonder

Guys, it’s not like Bielfeldt has never had a chance…while this game may prove he wasn’t as bad as everyone thought, it definitely was an aberration. Not only were we playing a severely under matched Bucknell team, but I doubt they even prepped for Max at all. If he can recreate any of the success he had tonight (mainly shooting the 3 reliably), I will be inclined to reconsider, but I guarantee that Max won’t be able to perform anywhere close to the level of play he had tonight the rest of the season.

Im just having fun with it, but I do think Max should be given equal opportunity in relation to the freshman. At this point I think we all know we’re going to have big issues in the frontcourt in every way, it’s just a matter of which option is able to stop the bleeding the most.

Im just having fun with it, but I do think Max should be given equal opportunity in relation to the freshman. At this point I think we all know we're going to have big issues in the frontcourt in every way, it's just a matter of which option is able to stop the bleeding the most.

I agree, but at what point does giving Max minutes become detrimental to the development of the freshman big men?

If Max shoots with confidence, he can be successful. He has a big body and can box people out. Make shots and carve out his defender, he will play meaningful minutes.

Im just having fun with it, but I do think Max should be given equal opportunity in relation to the freshman. At this point I think we all know we're going to have big issues in the frontcourt in every way, it's just a matter of which option is able to stop the bleeding the most.

I agree, but at what point does giving Max minutes become detrimental to the development of the freshman big men?

So we can win more games. I still got high expectations for this season.

If winning games is detrimental to the freshman, so be it. If Max gives us a better chance to win than Doyle or Wilson, then he needs to play in my view. As I said before, it is very obvious the freshman have more potential than Max, but right NOW, I don’t think there is much separation, if any. If Max can give us half of what he displayed last night, he should be the first big off the bench.