Anybody know the story behind Carmelo Harris

and the lack of interest? Thanks.
Here

1 Like

Never heard of him (fits with the article) - is he perceived to be a HM D1 player?

Never heard of him until yesterday. Was he on the radar before this senior season at all? Completely possible that people don’t know about him. You gotta imagine guys are gonna fall through the cracks to due Covid

Been all-state 2 years in a row. Put up 30+ against reigning state champ Grand Blanc.
I’m not even talking about high D1, I’m just trying to figure out why Mott, Davenport, Wayne are the best offers he has.
Strange. His film isn’t bad either.

Harris film

2 Likes

Possibly grades?

1 Like

Article says he is a 3.8 student and a captain on the team. Don’t think grades are it

2 Likes

Gonna ask someone who might know

1 Like

Maybe a physical thing? Is he like 130 lbs?

Listed 6’0", 160

so small, but bigger than Dug

2 Likes

Dug is playing against very strong competition, this guy is playing MHSAA D3. With no AAU film, this doesn’t seem surprising to me. Hopefully he turns out to be a great player.

1 Like

That’s a 6-Star weight

1 Like

Seems surprising that schools like Oakland and UDM wouldn’t be interested, but who knows what the deal is.

3 Likes

Are you friends with MattD or MattEM or whatever he goes by now? I’m guessing he would know what the story is.

2 Likes

Have met him but wouldn’t call him a friend. Doesn’t he frequent here?

1 Like

Not really. Just chatted on Twitter/DMs a couple times. Decent chance he might have an idea though. I’ve got another possible avenue that has a good chance of knowing.

1 Like

If he does it must be as a different user name. Was a regular a few years ago. Has his own site but I forget the name. Has good insight and contacts it seems. But kind of war on people around here. Don’t think he was a Beilien fan.

1 Like

It’s Endless Motor. I think he’s a pretty good identifier/evaluator of high school talent and he’s from Detroit I believe. The guys over on mgoblog seem to love him, but he’s really toned down his act since the time when he posted here. I’ve visited his site from time to time, but I’m not a member.

1 Like

Do they have a message board?

From what I can tell, the answer here is that he’s just not considered good enough to be on the radar. My guy didn’t even know who he was. I don’t think there’s any special story there really. Very few Michigan guys in general are being recruited hard, and the prep talent in the state is really really down. Here’s the offer sheet of this year’s Mr. Basketball: Verbal Commits

1 Like

Could be it.
Thanks.