Adidas Nations final on ESPNU right now

TJ Leaf, Payton Pritchard, Kyle Guy, Dennis Smith Jr. among Michigan targets in the game.

Payton Pritchard hit a pretty nasty step back three to finish the first half.

Good grief, this has been an ugly game. I know that it has been a long July, but this is pretty rough. Looks like Leaf might is sitting this one out as well.

I will say that Dennis Smith Jr. looks absolutely terrific in this game. Clearly the MVP of this game and it sounds like he had a great event.

Dennis Smith Jr is special.

Dennis Smith Jr is special.

He’d be perfect for Duke.

Everyone wanting Smith Jr. to Duke so the threat of Thornton following Battle to Duke won’t happen. I 100% agree.

From College Basketball Talk on Irvin:

“didn’t appear to be much better than when I last saw him in Indianapolis during the Sweet 16/Elite Eight weekend. Irvin can still perform as a catch-and-shoot player, but after losing Nik Stauskas, Glenn Robinson III and Mitch McGary, Irvin needs to step up this season and do more off-the-bounce. That didn’t happen at adidas Nations. Irvin struggled with two-dribble pull-ups and was stripped multiple times while trying to drive to the basket. Still plenty of time before November, but Irvin doesn’t look much better than last season. (SP)”

Like I said, once Levert leaves we better pray Chatman can do a solid job of being a creator, which I think he can and will. But 2016 is crucial because if we don’t pick up some multi-faceted, upper tier talent, our roster going forward is going to be lacking from a talent/creator standpoint.

We ran a bunch from Adidas Nations and there are reports also from Scott Phillips on Walton and Irvin’s performance.

Thanks for correcting, my apologies about the citing error…got lazy

Zak Irvin 6-5 190 SG Michigan So.

Irvin came in as arguably the best guard shooter in camp, but proved very streaky. He needs to work on his ball handling as his offensive game was very one dimensional but had his moments from the outside the 3 point line. Irvin, like Kaminsky, is known for being a strong shooter, but struggled to get on track with his outside shot. Regardless, some scouts remain high on his chances over the next couple seasons.

http://www.nbadraft.net/adidas-nations-ncaa-prospects

Like I said, once Levert leaves we better pray Chatman can do a solid job of being a creator, which I think he can and will. But 2016 is crucial because if we don’t pick up some multi-faceted, upper tier talent, our roster going forward is going to be lacking from a talent/creator standpoint.

Sam Webb saying Robinson is it.

Zak Irvin and EC Matthews will be an interesting comparison going forward.

EC Matthews 6-5 190 PG/SG Rhode Island So.

Matthews was the surprise of the camp. He ran the point and showed terrific athleticism and playmaking ability. Scouts weren’t ready to call him a point guard just yet, conceding only that he is a combo and could develop into a true point in time. He handled the point guard duties for his team admirably bringing the ball up and initiating the offense from the top of the key and finding teammates with solid vision and passing ability. Where he really stood out was on drives with his explosiveness at the rim. He also shows solid ability to pull up off the dribble and connect from the mid range. He converted some eye opening dunks and appears to be one of the big sleepers for next season in college basketball. He made a lot of scouts take notice of his talents and has first round potential over the next seasons. Scouts were high on his demeanor as well, as he seems to be very coachable and shows a positive attitude.