First cuts at USA Basketball

TJ Leaf, VJ King, Derryck Thornton, Tyus Battle and Caleb Swanigan made the cut to 17.

Henry Ellenson also made the cut.

Devearl Ramsey and Josh Jackson, too.

Really shocked Dennis Smith was cut.

Josh Langford, Eric Davis and Quentin Goodin were other UM targets who were cut.

TJ Leaf wasn’t cut

TJ Leaf wasn't cut

Oops quick skimmed

Leaf was offered by Duke today. Talked to him today (before Duke offer) and Michigan is still very much involved.

Alez Bozich ( insidethehall.com) crystalballs to Duke

Coach K and Cal are the biggest thorns in the side.

How many Duke offers were cut?

Alez Bozich ( insidethehall.com) crystalballs balls to Duke

He sees it a little different than Point Guard U apparently? Or is it just the most recent offer hysteria?

Alez Bozich ( insidethehall.com) crystalballs balls to Duke

He sees it a little different than Point Guard U apparently? Or is it just the most recent offer hysteria?

Duke is Duke.

Tyus Battle, Henry Ellenson, VJ King, Devearl Ramsey, Caleb Swanigan, Josh Jackson all make the final roster.

TJ Leaf and DTJR got cut.

DTJ was obvious because of broken hand. In my view Leaf is good, but slightly overrated, looks stiff on film. Does have a diverse skill set on offense though, but I REALLY worry about him on defense.

DTJ was obvious because of broken hand. In my view Leaf is good, but slightly overrated, looks stiff on film. Does have a diverse skill set on offense though, but I REALLY worry about him on defense.

It sucks because the FIBAs will be streamed and Ramsey is the only guy UM can legitimately get.

I like Ramsey as 2 way player, but I have concern about him running a structured offense. Seems like the type of player that you bring off the bench and just let him do what he does best…run

He lead the 16U team and was brilliant

Definitely has the talent and athleticism. How did he look in terms of passing/decision making?

Definitely has the talent and athleticism. How did he look in terms of passing/decision making?

I’m going by what I read

Ramsey can play. Diminutive cat quick defensive disrupters have served the last two NCs quite well. Not to mention the open floor opportunities.