4/10 - 4/11 Live Period Recap

Figured I’d consolidate all relevant information/activity in one thread for ease of viewing.

4/10:

JB watched Tyler Cook (STL Eagles)

4/11:

JB started off the morning watching Lamonte Turner and Maverick Rowan (E1T1) in Hampton at Boo Willaims

JB took in Cassius Winston for the 11am session at Boo

Bacari watched Brian Bowen/Austin Davis/Mike Edwards in Dallas in Dallas at the Adidas Gauntlet

JB took the flight to Dallas and watched Bowen/Austin Davis/Mike Edwards in their second game of the day

JB and co. then took in Josh Langford in Dallas for the final game of the day

Notable games for 4/12: - schedule not released yet for relevant teams

Dallas (Adidas Teams):

Langford

Gordon

Bowen/Davis/Edwards

Hampton (Nike Teams):

Winston - plays at 8am (vs Cook)

Cook (STL Eagles) - plays at 8am (vs Winston)

Ramsey (CA Supreme) - plays at 8am

Towns (King James) - plays at 8am

Murray (CIA Bounce - wonder if he’ll play tomorrow considering he’s in Portland today) - plays at 9:30am

Hughes (All Ohio) - plays at 9:30 am vs. Rowan/Lamonte Turner

If any of you are wondering why I didn’t list Battle - was able to confirm he is out this weekend and not playing for Team Final. (PA)

Langford - plays at 9:20am (vs TJ Leaf)

Gordon - plays at 9:20am

Bowen - plays at 10:40am

From the looks of things, I think JB will stay put in Dallas and focus on Langford and Bowen. Really hoping he puts emphasis on Langford. We’ll find out in roughly 1 hour.

I talked to Bowen’s uncle. “Kentucky or Kansas”

Thanks for the info, kn

JB watching Quentin Goodin (Hoop Dreams) in Dallas.

Buzz Williams, John Beilein along with assistants from Ole Miss, Kentucky, Stanford and others on hand for Hoop Dreams vs Stackhouse Elite.

— Chip Miller (@BLUEChip_Miller) April 12, 2015

Looks like the staff took in Brian Bowen/Austin Davis in the earlier game as well.

Wisconsin and Michigan coaches are watching 3-star big man Austin Davis #GoBlue #Badgers #adidasgauntlet

— Adam Grosbard (@AdamGrosbard) April 12, 2015

Also, second day in a row JB has watched New England Playaz in Dallas, don’t know exactly which player…but I’ll do some digging.

Teams ready to watch NE Playaz vs Dallas Mustangs: Michigan, Notre Dame, Tulsa, Wisconsin, Boston College, TCU

— Adam Grosbard (@AdamGrosbard) April 12, 2015

NE Playaz is Probably 2017 PG Tremont Waters. Has high major offers already.

NE Playaz is Probably 2017 PG Tremont Waters. Has high major offers already.

Don’t think so. I’ll have a bit more info in a few…

I talked to Bowen's uncle. "Kentucky or Kansas"

Be VERY surprised if MSU is not a significant player when all is said and done. VERY surprised.

Based on JB’s recent concentration on bigs(watching Cook and Austin Davis - which is odd considering we just added Wagner), I’m pretty sure JB was watching either AJ Brodeur or Tomas Murphy from NE Playaz, both PF types…and I think both are decent (with Murphy being damn good). Should have more info in a few

Dotman posted on a message board that Wagner isn’t past the clearing house yet, So could be another Benzig.

Also, possible that they RS Spike due to his surgeries.

Thusly, they may look at a '17 PG if they miss on Winston. So Waters makes sense from that angle. He was very good too.

Dotman posted on a message board that Wagner isn't past the clearing house yet, So could be another Benzig.

Also, possible that they RS Spike due to his surgeries.

Thusly, they may look at a '17 PG if they miss on Winston. So Waters makes sense from that angle. He was very good too.

Don’t think its Waters, but could be. Think the staff will no doubt take a PG in 16 (usually every 2 years, we’re already pushing it to 3 in 16)…no way possible they can wait until 17 for a PG because Spike is gone after this year (JB said he’ll be ready in September) and Walton will be done in 17.