2024 NBA Playoffs Thread

Man that FT rebound was a killer

Luka vs Dort is peak shithousery

2 Likes

does “got ball first” make it not a foul?

if so that’s actually an awful ending for Dallas because Kyrie got an easy putback

Apparently not

Shai just needs a bit more help. Rest up for Olympics.

I think colin’s Daigneault skepticism is validated tonight

Incredible work from ESPN there. Managed to interrupt the explanation of the call w the rules expert that we wanted to hear from in the first place.

4 Likes

Dort almost got Luka to fall over with that pull the chair move. Then Shai gets a nearly clean block on PJ Washington. Washington by the way is the new Bobby Portis (guy who thinks he’s a star because he hits wide open stand still threes created by others.)

It’s malpractice to go home w this minutes breakdown

1 Like

Dereck Lively plus-26 in a one point win :exploding_head:

2 Likes

Yeah he feasted on the boards and protected the rim. Roughed up Chet which is pretty gnarly considering Lively is also a rookie. Chet needs to get on the cheeseburger and pizza diet fr fr.

Also, like, I was skeptical of folks that complained about them not getting any big to play with or behind Chet. I still might be if the idea is “we want to see what this group can do”. But, like, what would it have cost to get Andre Drummond or whatever? A 2029 2nd? Can’t you see what this group can do and play a true big for 5-10 min?

Gonna get a very different experience in the WCF regardless of which team he’s playing

“light work” - Will Tschetter

1 Like

Daigneault was not dope but it’s also true that OKC just really needs 2 more above average starters if they want to be real title contenders regardless. That could pretty shortly become Giddey or Cason but they’re clearly not there yet.

I think acting like a team of 24 and under year olds losing in six games this season is like a fatal flaw of team construction is absolutely f’ing wild

This was a doggy doo lottery team TWO years ago!

Yeah Giddy stinks, they have a billion different remedies to that

If you told anyone 12 months ago they’d be critiquing a second round Thunder loss they’d think you were nuts

If you made me bet on o/u titles this core wins at 0.5, I am banging the over

Like is Partnow asking them to move on from Chet? To play a “Drummond type” next to him?Come ON. I thought he’d be above reacting to literally he last thing that happened, but it’s a plague of the playoff take factory

3 Likes

I think it’s pretty clear they could’ve had a real 5 for pretty much free and quite possibly have won in 6 rather than lose.

I also def think they could change nothing and be the best team in the league next year or two.

I do low key think Wemby is going to slam that window shut on them pretty quick tho.

EDIT: Seth is absolutely not saying they should move on from Chet! He’s saying maybe a free 5 would’ve helped!

https://x.com/ryanwoods_/status/1792023969219957041

1 Like

This is the tweet that kicked it off, he’s really more interested in how poor everyone outside their big 3 was. Which was absolutely true. Cason was really really bad.

https://twitter.com/sethpartnow/status/1792026880733827543?s=46&t=pI3vfmsWTFNvkSEe6OFpuA

Mike Muscala could have helped them on offense. They must not have felt comfortable playing him because of defense though. Gordon Haywood is another spot where they could use an upgrade.

Muscala seemed more than competent defensively in his short stint with the Pistons. That must’ve been why Monty then started playing Wiseman again and Troy let him go…