2022-23 Schedule Discussion

He’s in the portal, I believe. I’m surprised he avoided your attention, TBH.

8 Likes

Yeah, I was going to say. Don’t tell Boutros that

3 Likes

he has way more eligibility than Donnie Tillman too! I’m sold

can move this over to Offseason Transfer Targets but it sounds like Louisville is after him

@umhoops who are you expecting as Michigan’s B1G/ACC opponent?

1 Like

looks like central no longer has the kid from last chance u (basketball season) who transferred there, but they do have dan majerle’s son!

Good question – I’m not sure. I think that the only rumored matchup I’ve heard about is Duke/Illinois?

Maybe Notre Dame or Miami or someone like that would be fun? I don’t think the home/road cycle lines up for them though.

2 Likes

Notre Dame would be quite interesting

1 Like

Shocked we don’t get matched up with ND more often in the challenge.

The home/road cycle is off which is what leads to so many repeat matchups.

Virginia might be a match, played at home to Iowa last year. I can’t recall Virginia ever coming to Ann Arbor.

1 Like

I, personally, will be hoping for just about any matchup other than that :rofl:

2 Likes

Yeah I was thinking UVA was the likely opponent

3 Likes

Do teams never double up on home/away? I feel like Michigan has done that before

Virginia might actually be a pretty good test. From an esthetics point of view definitely not. Virginia is returning their top 6 scorers, adding a transfer in VanderPlas, they have a good recruiting class coming in. Isaac Traudt lots of high major offers a few other top 100 recruits.

It happens occasionally but not very often.

If they keep the same home/away cycle, we’re looking at one of the following:

Virginia
Syracuse
Wake Forest
NC State
Georgia Tech
Boston College
Pitt (probably out because of Legends Classic)
UNC (won’t happen because of the Jumpman Invitational)

Looks like Minnesota doubled up on Home games in 20/19. Michigan doubled up on road games 11/10. Iowa doubled up road in 16/17. Illinois doubled up road in 17/18. Rutgers doubled up road in 18/19.

So maybe one team has to do it every year?

Considering we didn’t even get our home game in 2020 it would be brutal for Michigan to double up

1 Like

Neutral observer: Michigan/Syracuse feels like a “brand” matchup ESPN would love to promote.

3 Likes

Give me the easiest possible game.

1 Like

A bad Michigan team beat a mediocre Syracuse team in 2014, before we knew they were both lousy. I was at that game and was legit excited to see the matchup. It was an exciting game that I thought would propel Michigan forward. Whoops.