2022-23 Schedule Discussion

I think our schedule was just fine last year…We just lost some games we shouldn’t have on paper and that opened it to criticism.

2 Likes

Right. I just like scheduling teams that we don’t play often

Get excited for UNC in Charlotte!

4 Likes

How do we know what it “replaced”?

Because it was the most recent home-and-home that Michigan added to replace completed home-and-homes.

Not that one thing was there and it replaced it, but that U-M’s scheduling pattern had home-and-homes (usually two running at the same time – one home, one away per year) and it is now the last H&H that has been added.

1 Like

Got it. I’m following now.

Ha, then that makes it even worse to have ever scheduled that H&H series! It did nothing for narrative (i.e. beating a good team) nor the team sheet (Q3 win and Q2 loss).

1 Like

Didn’t it replace the Cincinnati series?

Forgot about that whole thing. Either way, I didn’t mean specifically replacing this game or that game, more just in the scope of slots in a schedule.

Wasn’t UM kind of in scramble mode when it scheduled the UCF home-and-home given all the uncertainty re: COVID heading into the 2020-21 season? I wouldn’t read too much into it one way or another.

1 Like

My concern (as a fan of CBB) is that home and homes haven’t really been scheduled while lots of neutral stuff has been (London, Charlotte, etc.). Not the UCF game was scheduled in particular.

In many ways, that’s more a trend in CBB overall than anything that has to do with Michigan, but I think true home-and-homes are good for the sport despite being less popular now.

1 Like

We still owe Oregon an away game

1 Like

Same is definitely true of football as well…

Shhhh, keep that on the DL… they might forget

1 Like

I hate the neutral court games - much prefer Gavitt/B10-ACC games because at least they are played in front of a crowd that cares.

I understand why the Jordan Brand Classic is played in NC and why UNC is invited - but I think the setup really stinks.

It’s a Trojan Horse setup for sure. And, Jordan can’t run it without UNC and keep his stature with the Alums. Imagine Juwan creating a series post-coaching and not finding a way to invite his beloved ‘U’? Not gonna happen.

CMU on 12/30.

1 Like

Central Michigan - #318 KP, #315 BT

Lipscomb - #264 KP, #239 BT

1 Like

Lipscomb is old news at this point but at least CMU is … local?

1 Like

this guy seems pretty good for such a woeful team

oof!