2021 NCAA Tourney: Mount St. Mary's vs. Texas Southern Open Thread

That’s true to an extent but I’m honestly not really sure there are teams that play quite as fast as a team like LSU in the Big Ten. They just play wide open games with no transition defense.

1 Like

Has Michigan played against Weathers before? When he was at Miami Ohio? Name sounds familiar.

He was at Miami (OH) but never played against UM AFAIK. Name got some buzz in the transfer portal the first time when he ended up going to Oklahoma State but got moved on there pretty quickly for some legal issues.

Is that the kid who went from Miami Ohio to Oklahoma State to Texas Southern?

Sounds like open gym.

My favorite commercial is on! Best thing I’ve seen in the last 40 minutes!

Franz should be able to snag or tip so many of those bounce passes.

1 Like

That little PG with a great take to the basket to beat the halftime buzzer! THAT was the best play of the half!

1 Like
1 Like

Those boys aren’t getting paid to play defense let alone transition D

2 Likes

It looks like going to the press was a good move.

If they run that press against Michigan it will be a layup drill for us! :rofl:

2 Likes

Is anyone seeing a player out there that matches up with Hunter Dickinson? Because I sure don’t.

1 Like

Do you see anyone who could matchup with Franz?

1 Like

Nothing particularly impressive about this one. :grimacing:

4 Likes

Nope. MSM is actually pretty big in the frontcourt (three starters over 6-8) but no one really to slow down a guy like Hunter.

Offurum is about as natural of a matchup for Franz as you’ll find on a 16 seed. He’s a 6-8 wing with good size and capable of highlight dunks. He just can’t really shoot and isn’t real effective in the half court.

Most teams of this caliber don’t have 6-8 swingmen, though.

3 Likes

I was going to say, there’s probably 5 teams in the country capable of matching up against him if he wants to take over.

Only reason this game is close is that Texas Southern is shooting 50% from three – compared to 27.7% on the year (!)

3 Likes

I’m not watching, but that Drake-WSU game looks like a shootout. 10-6 at what appears to be the under 12.