2021 NBA Draft Discussion

Lol, seriously. I keep thinking people are messing around trying to guage height from random photos. I keep being disappointed. What are doing here?

No one is freaking out, just pointing out the clear evidence that Cade is a couple of inches shorter than Isaiah Livers. Cade is still supersized for his position.

I think heā€™s on the business side of the org?

3 Likes

That isnā€™t remotely ā€œclear evidenceā€. The NBA says otherwise.

1 Like

Pistons have released Joseph and Sirvidis. They have money to spend now, not sure what they will do with it. Jarrett Allen would be great but Iā€™m not sure the Pistons have the cash for that.

1 Like

Itā€™s not even remotely close to being a clear evidence that heā€™s shorter that Livers.

2 Likes

Photo is the worst to gauge a personā€™s height and I have no idea why we keep doing this every single year

6 Likes

I agree itā€™s not great evidence, but there is a staggering difference. Itā€™s not like weā€™re debating over an inch here. Thatā€™s probably the reason for discussion.

Also, itā€™s a message boardā€¦ all in fun

1 Like

His dads his agent.

2 Likes

I usually gauge it by how they sing Like a Prayer.

In the video, Cade looked taller than Livers as they were walking to the podium. Pictures are hard to tell- I donā€™t think Cade is standing straight up in the photo whereas it looks like Livers has perfect posture. The most recent camp measurement I saw of Cade in his senior was 6ā€™7 and 7ā€™0 wingspan. Iā€™d guess heā€™s the same now.

I think they usually go by the height with shoes. I think Livers will be listed at 6ā€™7.

1 Like

In 2019, they mandated that all height measurements have to be w/o shoes and verified by team doctors. So they canā€™t make stuff up anymore.

1 Like

Thatā€™s the dumbest thing to not be officially measured and listed with shoes on. You donā€™t play without shoes.

1 Like

I get your point, but shoes add another variable and could skew the numbers based on what type of shoes they pick. Bare feet at least means that everyone is compared equally.

I think the bigger question isā€¦who cares? I know pictures lie, but it does appear that Cade isnā€™t 6-8ā€¦but heā€™s not a center so who cares? Even if heā€™s 6-6 thatā€™s fine for a lead guard.

3 Likes

Height doesnā€™t even matter because your neck and head donā€™t help. Standing reach and wingspan are more important.

4 Likes

Can someone who is 6ā€™0ā€ please go to the Pistons practice facility and have someone take a picture of them on this set so we can put a pin in this? Of course weā€™ll need doctor verified proof of your height.

2 Likes

Beilein is at the practice facility :eyes:

12 Likes

I feel this as a tall-neck guy

2 Likes

I like that itā€™s consistent and removes a variable that changes by the day.

2 Likes