2021 NBA Draft Discussion

He’s good. Great size, IQ and motor on defense. That and his vision were pluses this year. (Shooting, finishing and turnovers were the minuses.)

4 Likes

They’re drafting Cade to be the star. He can call himself whatever position he wants if he’s good enough.

Call him an OW (offensive weapon).

Hope someone understands this reference :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Great thing about drafting Cade is you can kind of skimp on PG. you could probably play with Seth Curry at PG. could you play w Danny Green? Not sure if those are right guys but I’m thinking of a kind of Tier 2 guard, ideally a combo…TJ McConnell? A guy who can shoot and guard a guard but isn’t the offensive playmaker you normally expect at that position. Ooh…Spencer Dinwiddie?

Well, that’s a bummer … but the situation is still really exciting!

2 Likes

Yup, they can get a combo guard who can get buckets for them but isn’t a ball dominant guard. Dinwiddie doesn’t quite fit because he’s a ball dominant guard who needs to the ball in his hands to be effective.

Exactly my thinking. Give me someone with a tight handle and a good shot and we’re good to go. Or you could go with the undersized bucketgetter type.

2 Likes

So I mentioned earlier I didn’t want Keon Johnson, thankfully the Pistons hit #1. Keon Johnson did record a 48 inch vertical jump which is worth mentioning though.

As for the Pistons they probably are in the market for a backup SG unless they hit on their 2nd rounder but that isn’t likely at least for production this year. Would Lou Williams be a fit for the Pistons? Can still hit the outside shot, should get many open looks with the way the team is constructed.

I’d rather give that role to frank Jackson and see if he can develop into Lou Williams.

2 Likes

If they re-sign Frank Jackson, he would be the undersized bucket getter.

2 Likes

Writer for spartan hoops? WTF??? :rofl:

2 Likes

Yea dude also talks about how arrogant Michigan students are… he’s not one of us

That’s his business partners account. They run a podcast together and have different allegiances. Buckets is Carter (Michigan fan) and Greg is on State side

1 Like

I think you guys have it backward. The Carter guy is the Sparty slappy and @buckets12 (Greg) is a Michigan fan. I watched 30 seconds of that posted video and Carter immediately started trashing Michigan. Don’t think a Michigan fan would be doing that.

3 Likes

Yep, I switched the two in my head

1 Like

Not a big deal, either way. I just was surprised when I clicked the link and saw that in his bio.

1 Like

Yep that’s me. I graduated from MSU but my Michigan basketball allegiances have never wavered, which basically makes both sides hate me :rofl: Started doing some writing and podcasting for spartanhoops a few months back because I’m trying to get more reps as a hoops content guy and they let me do a lot of Big Ten and NCAA at large stuff on top of MSU focused pieces. I get a lot of crap from DK for being a Michigan fan first on there.

I think @DeAngeloVickers is referencing a story I told about my college visit to UM which wasn’t great, and is part of why I ended up at MSU. Definitely don’t mean to trash UM fans or students in general.

5 Likes

Pretty neat. Have any articles to link? (Is that allowed?) I’m happy to support any fellow umhooper. Even if he has an irrational dislike for my first transfer choice, Jacob Young. :grin: I still stand by the fact that reading your Jacob Young hot takes after every turnover would have been so much fun.

1 Like

Thanks! I won’t link to any of the spartanhoops site stuff here just out of respect to Dylan’s territory, but we did some video interviews with Spike Albrecht, Stu Douglass and Ant Wright earlier this year that are fun listens (and also time capsules back to the journey that was this season, you can see my co-host’s spirit breaking with every episode as the year went on)

I also tried to put Jeff Goodman on blast a few weeks back for constantly mentioning Juwan Howard in NBA coaching rumors, but I’ll admit he sort of skirted the answer on me :rofl: 24:00 mark is when that part starts.

8 Likes

Cool. Appreciate the content. I’ll give a listen. I’m always looking for more basketball.

1 Like

watching the draft combine and i said it during the year but Christopher cost himself millions going to play in that garbage asu system over um

7 Likes