2021 NBA Draft Discussion

I don’t see the Ariza comp for Franz.

Franz would have to significantly upgrade his shooting for that comp, no? I’ve been saying Franz should ask Jalen what his special sauce was, because he really improved his shot when he got to the pros.

Dudley is not a bad comparison at all. I feel like Livers is a better athlete, but I can’t say I remember what Dudley looked like against NCAA athletes.

Franz is 19 and very talented. I wouldn’t rule out much. Not seeing a future MVP candidate or anything, but a best-case scenario certainly includes all-star games.

Best case scenario would include all star games, but that is very unlikely. Without looking I am guessing non lottery picks have something like 5-10% chance of ever making an all star game.

What does non lottery have to do with Franz?

1 Like

What do people think about Marcus Morris as a comp for Livers?

he is not going to be a lottery pick

There are 14 lottery picks. Some mock drafts have him falling in that range (generally between 12 and 20). It’s not out of the question that he goes top 14

Forget which one is which, but both brothers are pretty much the same type of player, right? I remember them being stronger than Livers in the paint.

I think Livers’ closest comp is Caleb Houstan, who ended up being the number one draft pick and Finals MVP as the 5 in my beloved Pistons’ paradigm shifting offense with Cade Cunningham as the 6th man.

1 Like

He is #16 here in the yahoo mock that was released today, just outside the lottery

his stock has been trending down a bit since the tourney ended. While anything is possible, I would wager large amounts of money he does not go in the lottery. Seems more likely to go in the 18-24 range than sneaking into the back end of the lottery.

1 Like

What kind of galaxy brained org would take Mobley at 1?

1 Like

The same one that took Bagley #2 probably.

2 Likes

Personally think that’s a better spot for Franz than to some lottery team. I think Franz needs to play for a team that isn’t looking for added scoring but rather an all around contributor that can play good defense at the wing. Think the Nuggets would be a good spot for him for instance.

2 Likes

Post-tourney moves are often a little overreactionary based on one or two games. After guys do workouts it will readjust. We will see where Franz is when the dust settles.

7 Likes

If he was late lottery before and early non lottery now, I would say that given we don’t know who is drafting in any of these spots, this is a difference without a distinction.

2 Likes

I agree with that in general, but Kispert that high and Juzang that low seem to be under-reacting to recent tourney results.

2 Likes

You’re not kidding. I thought that had to be an error when you said that, but maybe I only watched the first few games closely and Kuminga played really well? I remember thinking Green had started slowly and Kuminga was killing it, then I noticed Todd had a good last few games. Obviously I wasn’t paying attention close enough.

I also just noticed they played WAY more games then I remember. I thought they played 6-8? Definitetly stopped paying attention.

I see Wagner a bit like Kevin Huerter. Wagner has a little more length and will probably be a bettter rebounder and defender but I don’t see him being the shooter Huerter is. Huerter has become a good scorer off the bench. Huerter was real young at Maryland and just 22 now and finishing his 3rd year in the league, 19 when he got drafted by the Hawks.