2020 Recruiting Notes

Virtual Tour!

4 Likes

Maybe we can Swede one, like in Be Kind Rewind. I will be Martelli. I have some soccer balls we can paint.

1 Like

Cā€™mon man! He can wear a disguise.

Exactly. Just when theyā€™d LEAST expect it. I like where your heads at, Dylan.

2 Likes
1 Like

OK so Scooby has heard from Juwan. Wonder how hard he will be pursued.

1 Like

A little surprised Michigan isnā€™t more involved in this one given the connections.

1 Like

Chris Holtmann was, is, and continues to be a great hire for OSU.

They are in on ALOT of talented players for upcoming classes.

1 Like

Perhaps Barnes shot Juwanā€™s advances down. He may be sticking to his list he put out.

2 Likes

Yeah that was definitely a possibility I considered. Seems like a natural connection, but maybe the Howard boys arenā€™t necessarily tight with him even though they play HS together.

Iā€™m pretty sure they are close. Scottie just put Jett on his Instagram story yesterday and Iā€™ve seen Jace on his story a few times. Donā€™t usually put people you arenā€™t close with on your stories

4 Likes

Interesting. Wonder why he wouldnā€™t be at least receptive to a recruiting pitch then. Itā€™s not like his main list is all blue bloods.

1 Like

5-star wing Scottie Barnes ā€˜very closeā€™ to Michiganā€™s Juwan Howard

1 Like

Man itā€™s even stranger to me now after reading that. Heā€™s really close to Juwan, but he doesnā€™t even know if he will add Michigan to his top 8? And doesnā€™t really seem to be interested in visiting. What gives? Iā€™m not saying he should automatically come to Michigan because of those things, but youā€™d think he would at least give them a fair shake.

2 Likes

That article read like a) Heā€™s respectful of Juwan b) Heā€™s not very interested in Michigan c) He had to answer a bunch of questions about Michigan.

9 Likes

I think Juwan may learn pretty quickly where Michiganā€™s lane is. Beilein focused on the 40-100 range and you can build a really good program that way. Five stars are a different animal and you donā€™t want to waste all of your time on them if they arenā€™t going to come in the end. Iā€™m hoping to see the board expand during this July eval period to include some targets that are more realistically attainable.

4 Likes

It is what it is I guess. But whenever in the past us Michigan fans complained about not getting a recruit (or interest from a recruit) because we obviously made the most sense for development, level of play, etc., we were always told by the experts that recruiting is about relationships. I guess not in this case?

It is absolutely about relationships but just because your kid is friends with a five-star prospect doesnā€™t mean that heā€™s going to magically jump you into his top eight. There can be a lot at play in any given recruitment and Barnes had already put a top eight out so was far along in the process.

7 Likes