2020 Recruiting Notes

jc mathis?

3 Likes

UM never chased Guy hard, word was he wanted to come to UM but um was after Battle and Langford.

2 Likes

you are correct sir

1 Like

I have the ability to remember the most pointless things about college basketball.

2 Likes

Logical. Virginia also I think wraps up itā€™s 2020 class as of JAR committing I think. They only wanted 1 wing and were the perceived leaders for 2 or 3 other wings as well. Probably told JAR this and said the spot may not be open come September. It also gives Bennett time to recruit 2021s. Virginia is officially rolling now under him.

4 Likes

Yeah, they absolutely are. I havenā€™t paid close enough attention, do they have a good class coming in to offset the losses of Guy, Hunter and Jerome? Getting Diakite back was huge.

I was very happy when we landed JB in 2007. The other guy at the top of my list was Tony Bennett (then at WSU). Also, Iā€™ll always wonder if we would have had a shot at Bennett if JB had ended up with the Pistons last year. Following that first round, stunning loss (and a blowout at that) in the 1 vs. 16 matchup, that would have been the perfect time to sell the ā€œyou canā€™t win it all at Virginiaā€ argument.

Heā€™s a really good coach. Iā€™d be hard pressed to name someone better.

2 Likes

Castleton did that IIRC. He named Michigan and Illinois when it always seemed near-certain he was coming to Michigan.

Ugh. Ugh(again to meet the character limit).

I think this is exactly why he wouldnā€™t have left. Running from something like that doesnā€™t seem his style. Plus he had to know he had a good team coming back.

Apparently the Kyree Walker overseas news is fake

3 Likes

Now we just need someone to report that heā€™s decided to reclassify to 2019 and commit to Michigan and we can find out if he refutes that!

5 Likes

New name in Mark Williams, a 2020 center that Stanford and Duke are heavily involved with (his sister plays or played at Duke).

Williams has Duke written all over him.

That would actually be a good outcome for Michigan wrt Kessler?

2 Likes

Yeah, thatā€™s probably right. Heā€™s an excellent coach.

Youā€™d think and hope. But never know with Duke. Also have to hope Kessler doesnā€™t commit first. Heā€™s already down to a solid group of 5 or so in Auburn, Duke, Michigan and UNC and sounds like he has set up visits or has general times in mind when heā€™s visiting. So hopefully Williams is further along.

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: What to watch for: July evaluation period

JAR announcement at 7p FYI

We can get him on a plane and on campus before thenā€¦

Dead period :slight_smile: No visits until August.