2020 Recruiting Notes

Agreed.

We’ll lose Z, Teske and Davis, and unless we sign two non-seniors this spring, we’ll have at least one and maybe two extra spots open.

Right now, it seems like none of our underclassmen would be a threat to leave after 2020. But, things can change quickly and attrition is a part of college basketball.

1 Like

I don’t think we have a specific Nimari Burnett page, but here are some highlights. Would love a Zeb/Nimari backcourt.

1 Like

Zeb Jackson and Nah’shon Hyland both mentioned in this article. Michigan is listed for Hyland.

3 Likes

Potential new name with Xavier Foster from Iowa. Article stats that Yaklich watched him in Kansas City

Cunningham, Abdur-Rahim and Peavy all make the list

Peavy only shot 2 3s the entire weekend.

I really hope the fact that we’ve been in on JAR for awhile gives us a leg up. But it seems like a lot of our early targets are now getting a lot more attention.

It’s that Beilein talent evaluation coming through again. We need to work on targeting those guys that don’t blow up until after they commit :joy:

2 Likes

The GRIII method

2 Likes

It is worth noting that just about every 2020 prospect is going to get a lot more attention around this time. It is the first time that all eyes have really been focused on the class.

2 Likes

This is how he got Zeb :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Indiana and Michigan in-homes today

Another name from my neck of the woods. Don’t know much about him besides his dad being his coach and the whole family moving before last season to play/coach at Rochester Mayo. His HS team couldn’t get by Matthew Hurt’s (Duke signee) team each of the last two years.

Any idea what happened with Nimari Burnett? Are we still tracking him? Haven’t heard a peep since his visit and non offer.

Believe Michigan watched him at least once this weekend, but I don’t get the sense that his recruitment is really about to take off as far as mutual interest with Michigan.

He took an unofficial and then skipped the campus tour/academic stuff because he was under the weather and wasn’t 100% about scheduling an official. Doesn’t really jump off the page and say “interested”.

2 Likes

Michigan going in-home tonight with Trey Galloway. just picked up an IU offer.

1 Like

New name from Canada guard Karim Mane.

1 Like