2020 Recruiting Notes

Maybe a first look at developing a Plan B board just in case?

2 Likes

Late bloomer across the board. Skinny, late growth spurt and a lot of athleticism. UK and Louisville are interested but haven’t offered. Sounds like WKU and Cincinnati have been involved for a while now.

1 Like

Some general info about other schools visiting Michigan targets.

Also, FYI - Juwan is supposed to visit Kessler today.

6 Likes

Juwan has seemed to make Kessler the top priority from the jump

1 Like

I really hope Kessler decides soon so we can rip that band aid off. Although I do have to give Juwan props in that we seem to have made up a lot of ground there

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: 2020 - G - Jaden Springer (Offer)

That’s where I’m at with most of the offered recruits at this point. I have a feeling the majority of the remaining 2020 spots will be filled by guys that don’t have offers yet and Jace

1 Like

I Just don’t think we’re gonna get Kessler, although Sam Webb seems to think we have a chance. I would guess 2-3 spots are filled by guys we have already offered.

Nimari seems like the most likely get of these 5* guys, right?

1 Like

2-3 of the offered guys would be great.
I think they’ll most assuredly get Jace, but beyond that just dont have a great feeling with the others, Ware I think is their best shot but with Kentucky looming who knows

This guy Jake is a busy man. I’d never heard of him 2 months ago but I also hadn’t frequented this board all that much.

1 Like

We may get several guys on the list even if we’re not leading for many/any of them right now because of the impact of other decisions. For example, Duke may be leading for Kessler and Mark Williams, but if Kessler commits first, and does so to Duke, would Williams, a top 40 kid at the same position, commit to Duke? Similarly, Lance Ware might or might not like Kentucky better than Michigan, but even if he does, if Isaiah Jackson drops to Kentucky first, what will Ware do? You can go down the line with guys in that position (Dickinson and Christopher leap to mind), and these are NOT “Plan B” guys–they are top 50 (in some cases, top 20) recruits.

Recruiting is fluid. Odds change as people drop off the board.

2 Likes

As far as the 5* go I’d probably rank them:
Burnett
Springer

Kessler
Christopher

Todd

2 Likes

Dickinson?

I see. absolutely zero reason to think we have any chance at Todd, regardless of what happens with other players. No one has. even suggested that he has talked about a visit, much less set one up, and no one has suggested that we even have an in-home with him. All four of the other guys on your list have either visited or set a date for a visit. Unless there’s a lot more that we don’t know, Todd’s inclusion of Michigan on his “final five” list smacks of being nothing more than having an extra baseball cap at a presser to “heighten the suspense.”

1 Like

This is a good post uk and duke can’t take everyone

I understand that, but these are plan A guys for multiple programs and these guys have a lot of options. Say Duke with Williams or Kessler or UK with Christopher or Ware fill up at their respective positions, yeah the odds are a little better for Juwan to land one of em but I still wouldn’t say it’s a forgone conclusion that he’d get a commit from any of them. I’d be very happy if they land 1 of the above mentioned guys or the other top 50 offers out there to go along with Zeb and Jace (who I’d guess is a sure bet to be in the class).

Yeah I just tossed him on there at the end of the list but I agree with what you’re saying.

As for Dickinson, he’s not a 5* at least to the composite.

Agree with this ranking.

Oh, I agree with all of this. The guys mentioned do have other options, so it would not be etched in stone that they would come to Michigan even if other schools fill up at their position before they decide. And I agree that a class with any one of the kids mentioned to go along with Zeb and Jace would be a very good November haul, leaving us in a position to add-on after kids have seen Juwan coach and learned his style. All I was saying is that what the odds are of getting kids now may well not be the odds a month down the road–while lance Ware, for example, may not choose Michigan even if Kentucky drops out of the picture, I would certainly think that the odds would go up materially.

1 Like