2020 Recruiting Notes

It’s a big set of balls required to assert that the path 90% of NBA players took is the wrong path. Curious to know who is paying who for what here.

In general it seems like 2 or 3 kids each class take a “non traditional” route, either private training or overseas professional league. IMO, it’s still a rare outlier until it becomes 8-10 per year?

But, if the NBA continues with its plans to lower the entry age for the Draft, then it is difficult to see why kids would go this route in the future? Instead of just heading directly from HS to the draft.

1 Like

On Scooby’s IG story someone asked him when he was planning on committing and he said “in the next few months maybe”. I’m guessing MSU, Butler or Missouri would be the pick right now. I’d say Butler if I had to pick one. Unless Michigan is moving in silence on this one (which they could), then I’m guessing Michigan is out on this one.

1 Like

Seems to be a lot of consternation at the state of recruiting, but truth is if Michigan even gets just 1 of the elite level recruits it seems to be “in” on, the 2020-21 team has the potential to be really good.

Zeb + 1 Top-30ish recruit.
Returning base of Castelton, Johns, (Livers or Wagner), Bajema, (Dejulius or Brooks)
Add another Freshman in the 75-120 range. Add an instant eligibility Grad Transfer in the spring

That’s a pretty good base to work with in '20-21. That’s assuming one of Livers or Wagner blows up this year and turns pro at season’s end. And one of Dejuliius or Brooks transfers out. So it is not projecting a “perfect storm” of events.

If neither mode of attrition happens OR if Michigan lands more than one Top-50 level recruiting target … then the projected depth becomes pretty impressive.

2 Likes

I will be ecstatic if we land even one of these top 40 guys. Hoping it happens for sure!

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Five-star forward Isaiah Todd includes Michigan in top five

Sooooo with the way juwan is recruiting are we going to need hot links to the UK, UNC, and Duke scholarship projections?

1 Like

Not a target, but Evan Mobley (consensus top 2) committed to USC. Where Andy Enfield hired his dad as an assistant coach last year.

1 Like

Emoni Bates the youngest and only 2022👀

2 Likes

Those measurements are super messed up. At Nike Elite 100 Emoni measured at 6’9+ wingspan I believe. In the 1 month since his arms have shrunk? A lot of these 2021s measurements are quite different from that camp

Plays at Montverde, soon to be teammates with Zeb.

3 Likes
3 Likes

Seemed inevitable at some point that Jace would be offered. Might as well make the offer official now instead of dragging it out.

3 Likes

Nepotism! Beilein would never!

7 Likes
4 Likes

Really not great :confused: Michigan isn’t in a position to waste a slot on Jace

1 Like

Why not? They have 4 open scholarships (in addition to Zeb) and they will likely have 1-2 more based on attrition. If ever there was a year where they were in position to do something like this, this is the year.

Plus he is friends with a lot of top prospects, so he could help bring in guys.

13 Likes