2020 Recruiting Notes

Emoni Bates the youngest and only 2022šŸ‘€

2 Likes

Those measurements are super messed up. At Nike Elite 100 Emoni measured at 6ā€™9+ wingspan I believe. In the 1 month since his arms have shrunk? A lot of these 2021s measurements are quite different from that camp

Plays at Montverde, soon to be teammates with Zeb.

3 Likes
3 Likes

Seemed inevitable at some point that Jace would be offered. Might as well make the offer official now instead of dragging it out.

3 Likes

Nepotism! Beilein would never!

7 Likes
4 Likes

Really not great :confused: Michigan isnā€™t in a position to waste a slot on Jace

1 Like

Why not? They have 4 open scholarships (in addition to Zeb) and they will likely have 1-2 more based on attrition. If ever there was a year where they were in position to do something like this, this is the year.

Plus he is friends with a lot of top prospects, so he could help bring in guys.

13 Likes

Itā€™s not like heā€™s a non-prospect, not sure you can call this wasting a scholarship.

One of the most interesting things to me to watch develop during Juwanā€™s M tenure is the dynamics of coaching your own kid/s.

Only really one person on the roster who would make sense as an attrition candidate in my mind so I would not bank on a 7 person class. Either wayā€¦ you canā€™t have a class that large. Thatā€™ll have roster balance implications for years unless weā€™re gonna start recruiting like Dukeā€¦

Who is Jace close with that is also considering M?

Consensus seems to be that heā€™s a low end mid-major prospect

When is the last time Michigan used all of itā€™s scholarships?

I realize thereā€™s some value in having an open scholarship late in the process, but this doesnā€™t seem like itā€™s going to hurt. This is going to be a hard class to fill, Beileinā€™s teams all had players who were reaches too. Iā€™ll object if Jace is taking minutes away from better players.

I wonder what the chances are that Jace commits?

2 Likes

Jace is friends with Burnett and I think he is cool with Springer. Iā€™m sure there are others too. He said he was recruiting guys at the NBAPA 100 camp.

2 Likes

I mean I just donā€™t really see it setting anything back. Weā€™re not gonna lose games because heā€™s taking someoneā€™s spot. As others have said, I donā€™t remember the last time we used every scholarship. Plus getting a guy who is near guaranteed not to transfer and play 4 years could actually be a positive thing overall. Worst case is Austin Davis.

4 Likes

I would be disappointed and a little confused if Howard didnā€™t offer his son. Heā€™s going to get a schollie somewhere might as well play for dad.

3 Likes

I would say anyone who isnā€™t in the top 7 of the rotation could be a possible flight risk. Since itā€™s not the same coach that recruited them. In todayā€™s environment that would not be at all surprising. Plus outside shot at NBA departure.

1 Like