2020 NCAA Tournament canceled

Tim Miles and Matt Painter were always my favorite coaches in the league besides Beilein

9 Likes

I haven’t seen statements from many coaches like what we got from Juwan. Isn’t that kinda odd? Silence from Izzo, K, et al?

2 Likes

We’ll always have the Trident from the Battle of Atlantis.

12 Likes

Here is Izzo’s take.

Happy to see Beilein in this capacity. One of the few things that’s made me happy today.

8 Likes

Definitely a strange ending to the year. I appreciate everything you do to make this the best college basketball site in the country. I will still be here every day looking for news about the team, whether it is an article from you, your talented team of writers or the always entertaining (and usually knowledgeable) forum community.

If you do another podcast, is there any chance of getting an interview from one of the Michigan or MSU players? Since their season is over and presumably they have a tiny bit more free time, maybe one or two might be willing to come on the pod and share their thoughts about the season.

4 Likes

Can we claim the national championship? I mean, we won the Battle 4 Atlantis, so we’ve got a good claim. The winner always wins it all - it’s science.

6 Likes

What a weird end to the season. Disappointed we can’t see what the guys would’ve been able to pull together in the postseason, but most of all gutted for X and Jon.

3 Likes

Proud of Jon Teske. Breaks my heart to see it end this way. What a fun 4 years for our Teske family.
Best of luck to both Z and Jon.

40 Likes

Please let Jon know we’re extremely proud of and grateful for him!

10 Likes

We will miss Jon! He won a lot of games in Ann Arbor! Great career! It’s a bummer that it had to end this way

8 Likes

Will do. Thank you. :pray:t2:

14 Likes

I think vanarbor is a great judge of character! :grin: But, no, I’m just a guy!

And vanarbor, if you’re reading this, remind me sometime to tell you the story of the young girl who dropped out of college long, long ago to marry some idiot who was a basketball fanatic. Now, this young girl didn’t know the first thing about basketball, and, frankly, she didn’t care, but she saw something in the guy, and she married him. And though it sure wasn’t always easy, she stayed married to him for FIFTY years!

Now during that fifty years, the girl has dedicated her life to, among other things, being a coach’s wife, and now the guy sometimes thinks she is more of a basketball fanatic than he is! How’s that for dumb luck?!?

Tomorrow these two “kids” will celebrate their FIFTIETH Anniversary. They will drive up to the Old Mission Peninsula and stay at The Inn at Chateau Grand Traverse. They had planned on doing two of the things they most love to do, drink wine and watch B1G Basketball! But NOW, well the wine is still there, and they’ll just have to find a nice restaurant for that special anniversary dinner.

They were planning to dine in with the TV on drinking wine and eating cheese, and crackers, and cold cuts from a charcuterie board, nothing fancy, they’re pretty simple folk, but now they’ll have to settle for a nice dinner at Mission Table or Apache Trout.

Here’s the thing, SHE was the one who wanted to stay in and watch basketball, but HE was perfectly content to just spend the day with her in the vineyards and eat at a nice restaurant, forgoing the basketball for one day! As he likes to say, the best days of his life are the ones he spends with her, and as it turns out, the guy wasn’t an idiot, after all. He got the real prize, the sweetest girl in the world!

So, vanarbor, if you have the great fortune to find a special girl like old silverblue did, grab ahold of her and never let her go. You know how they say, “Life is Good!” Well, for me, it sure is. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

21 Likes

Happy Anniversary silverblue! 50 years is an impressive feat!

8 Likes

Couldn’t have done it without the most special lady I know. We were married on Friday the 13th of March, 1970! AND, you know there’s a story there, too, but I’ve told enough stories tonight! :slightly_smiling_face:

Sucks, It’s always my favorite time of year and favorite sporting event. Was excited to see how this year ended for Michigan and nationally.

I think we were going to see one of the most wide open tourneys of all time with chaos reignng supreme.

2 Likes

It is sad to say goodbye to something you love but in reality we are facing something extremely grave.The Corona viral infection has grave implications for the U.S. and the world. Currently we are facing an infectious organism that is slightly more contagious than the flu with a potential mortality of 1 to 3 percent for the general population. We have no known medication to treat this infection and no vaccine to prevent it’s spread. Left unchecked a worse case scenario could leave America with one to two million deaths. It is no joke nor is it a flu.

1 Like

Stuff is getting cancelled so we can flatten the curve: https://healthblog.uofmhealth.org/wellness-prevention/flattening-curve-for-covid-19-what-does-it-mean-and-how-can-you-help

2 Likes

the 16 team tourney would have pissed more people off than cancelling the whole thing

14 Likes