2020 NCAA Tournament canceled

Thumbs up to watching Josh Chistopher videos. I do that now and he hasn’t publicly announced haha. :wink:

Thanks for all you do, Dylan - it’s an understatement to say that this is truly a phenomenal site.

Not that you (or anyone) asked, but if you’re looking for ideas for the next 3-4 weeks, I personally would love to see your take on some past UM tourney runs – '89, Fab 5 Era, etc. I’d even read your recap of the '90 Loyola Marymount game (actually, that would be sort of fun, for a given definition of “fun”).

9 Likes

That sounds like a great idea! Then we could chime in on our experiences during those runs, and perhaps offer multiple perspectives on each event!

Could even take 1989 and run it “real time” like the Thurs/Sat, Fri/Sun, Sat/Mon that the games would have actually taken place during that year. Then again, not all of those games may be available.

Maybe a “best of the Beilein era” first round game, second round game, Sweet 16 game, etc.

3 Likes

I think I’d pass on the LMU game . . . but it’d definitely be cool to see recaps with player bullets about the '89, Fab Five etc teams.

This is a tough time of year to live without HOOPS…or any SPORTS for that matter. The PGA is still running, not sure for how long! I’ll have to break out the BIG Lebowski!

2 Likes

Hey Man! Chin UP! It’s a tough time for sure! Your service/knowledge is unmatched from what I can see in the market and you’re respected among the media and your follower’s. Can’t ask for more than that but a maybe a simple Tito’s and SONIC (1/2 soda + 1/2 tonic)! My liquid potion to fight CV.

Cheers, GO BLUE!

2 Likes

Will do my best to be active until I’m married and retired and become the next @silverblue!

4 Likes

This is karma giving back @umhoops some of the time he lost from his vakay last May. Go back to Spain! Safer there anyways at this point…

This will be weird not having March Madness, but I truly understand why and I hope we as a nation kick this virus. If you aren’t feeling sad enough, UMHoops could re account all the Coach Amaker years.

1 Like

Yes. Cheer us all up with a nine-part series on The Amaker Years.

6 Likes

I’ve thought about you a lot today, Dylan, and I really feel for you. This is your livelihood and you’ve dedicated your life to this great site. I thought your comments on the forum today were remarkable in their maturity and fairness. Your life is centered around Michigan hoops and B1G basketball and that seemed to be crumbling around us today. I was very impressed, as I am with the incredible skills and talents you display to us everyday on this site! Thanks for everything you do to make UM hoops more informative and more enjoyable for all of us!

23 Likes

I’ll second that Silverblue. How’s it feel to be a celeb per vanarbor?

1 Like

This is so spot on! The thing I appreciate most about @umhoops is his maturity and fairness. Great description of him and his attributes. This is an incredible site and community and we are all better for it.

9 Likes

will there be an exit pod?

Will there be a way too early 2020-21 Big Ten rankings pod?

2 Likes

Now we can that Amaker era deep dive I always wanted

1 Like

Started watching the 2017 Louisville game to deal with my sadness :cry:

3 Likes

Please no I am already sad enough, that could put me over the edge.

Also loved Tim Miles comment on the B1G broadcast, speaking about the role of a head coach, “When things are at their worst, I have to be at my best.”

6 Likes