2020-21 Schedule

The shorts :joy::joy::joy:

4 Likes

Cool to see Brady Heslip (a fellow Canadian) join in the Team Canada huddle at the end.

1 Like

Add Cal State Northridge to the schedule.

Updated future schedules page:

1 Like

Cal St. Northridge finished 233rd in KenPom last year and loses one of the most exciting mid-major players in college hoops in Lamine Diane to the NBA Draft.

1 Like

Didn’t know this until I pulled up their Sports Reference CBB page, but apparently coached by former Bama and NC State coach Mark Gottfried. Entering his third year, and the first two haven’t exactly been impressive. Had never heard of Lamine Diane before, but his statistical profile is impressive.

Northridge was actually decent within their conference last year. Their overall record stunk but they finished 10-6 in Big West play, in a tie for second.

I chuckled when I looked at their Wiki page and saw that Jim Harrick, Sr. is on staff. Guess blatant cheaters like to stick together.

Gottfried was an assistant under Harrick’s father at UCLA. And yes, blatant cheaters do stick together. A friend of mine who coached D1 hoops for 40+ years as an assistant and head coach, in power conferences and at mid/low majors, describes Gottfried thusly: “as unethical and unlikeable as anyone I have known in the coaching profession.” My friend got along with most guys in the industry, so for him to volunteer this really says something.

Gottfried is harbaughs cousin, have to wonder if this was set up through that relationship.

2 Likes

Former 5 star

Michigan is scheduled to play at Oregon this year

1 Like

I assume Eric Williams will get the bulk of those minutes.

Oregon will have more kids from Michigan in their main rotation than Michigan (Eric Williams, Jalen Terry and Amauri Hardy).

1 Like

:man_shrugging:

Limited travel for Ball State coming in

3 Likes

Seems decent, assuming the game actually happens. 116th in KenPom last year, 133rd the year before.

2 Likes
5 Likes

It’s too bad Tacko is gone.

1 Like

UCF was 117th last year on KenPom. Big upset potential team though.

Aubrey Dawkins too.

2 Likes
1 Like

Well, to be fair the last time we went out East to face Villanova I thought we were going to lose and we ended up crushing them so…