2020-21 Schedule

Zeb just tapped in in Ann Arbor on his Instagram story… :eyes:

anybody know anything about players returning to school?

1 Like

Scouting out all the local restaurants?

I know ncaa approved D1 football,mens and women’s bball players could report to their universities this week for workouts. Don’t know how many players at one time can be coached. I think this would include strength and conditioning.

I know he is back home in Toledo area. Could be just a quick day trip.

1 Like
3 Likes

Georgia St was top 125 in KenPom last year and is projected to be just outside the top 100 according to Torvik for next year. Really good school to have from a “gaming the schedule” perspective.

4 Likes

Excited for the game one forum meltdown after we only win by 8.

9 Likes

As long as we win

1 Like

That game should be entertaining. Georgia State plays at a very high tempo. They also have multiple kids from Michigan on their roster who are important players.

Corey Allen from Ypsilanti. Was Horizon League freshman of the year a few years back for Detroit. I think he will be a senior next year.

Jalen Thomas a 6’11 sophomore next year from UD Jesuit. He started a lot of games and was their 6th/7th man at worst in their rotation throughout the year. He was pretty good for GSU last year. Could be an audition for him for his junior/senior years potentially if the one time transfer rule gets waived as well.

Georgia State is also a very talented program as well. I’m all for it.

7 Likes

You just know Nunez or CJ Baird is gonna check in before Zeb or TWill and we’re gonna be calling for Juwan’s job

1 Like

Love seeing games like this on the schedule. Won’t be an anchor on the schedule, not a team that we’ve played in recent memory, and it should be an entertaining matchup that we’ll still be heavily favored in.

2 Likes

Will be our first ever matchup against Georgia State. We will also play Southern Utah for the first time ever this year, and possibly Baylor

1 Like

We’ve never played Baylor? Wow. Is there a list of major conference teams we’ve never played?

Southern Utah’s Current head coach is from the Lansing area. Was the Findlay Prep head coach when they were in their prime as well. He may have past connections with Saddi, Jay Smith or other members of Michigan’s staff.

2 Likes

Baylor and Mississippi State is the entire list

5 Likes

and if you want to count the American as a major conference, then add Central Florida and East Carolina

1 Like

I figured it had to be a small list

I think the closest we’ve come is Nik Stauskas (with Team Canada) going off on Baylor in a scrimmage. I’m guessing that his mom was operating the camera.

4 Likes

Oh man I remember this. One of the several videos that made it obvious the kid was a stud.

1 Like