2020-21 Schedule

I’d love to see U-M pick up a couple of crossovers at Mohegan Sun. Really curious how the schedule gets filled out.

1 Like

Juwan beat two top ten teams at the beginning of his first season, I see no reason he can’t beat two top two teams at the beginning of season two!

3 Likes

I was about to say the same thing. It would be really dumb to go to a neutral site bubble and just play 1 game.

Supposedly Franz said on Katz’s podcast today um is opening with Villanova on November 25th.

That’s the Empire Classic @ Mohegan Sun opener.

Well, under normal MTE it would be two games. Not one. I’m also not sure it is really a bubble as much as a standard location that pays for testing.

I’m not sure what your point is. They were originally scheduled to play two games which is obviously more than one, so my point about going all the way there to play one game being stupid still stands.

And I have no idea why you are quibbling about the term “bubble,” but okay.

They wouldn’t only play one game? They’d still be playing two.

2 Likes

Pretty sure the plan is still to play two games. Villanova is just the opener.

1 Like

Just didn’t understand what you were referring to with one game. There hasn’t been any discussion about U-M only playing one game in CT.

The bubble distinction is to point out that I don’t expect U-M (or other teams) will spend weeks at Mohegan Sun just to fit in two games. I think it’ll still be somewhat similar to an MTE.

Feels like a lot of these MTEs are hanging on by a thread.

With so many big schools hosting “regional” MTEs and just playing local games, you have to wonder about the scheduling calculus for big schools. How many “good” games do you want to play in a season where you aren’t going to have buy games?

I don’t really agree with the logic but coaches are going to say “well an MTE, a Challenge and only two buy games, my end of year record will look like crap.” Especially if MTEs are opening the season.

No. 43 Michigan??!!

6 Likes

#43 M can’t be right. A little motivation for Isiah, Eli and Franz though.

1 Like

Michigan opting out of the Empire Classic.

1 Like

Orlando-bound?

1 Like

Haven’t kept up with things like usual this off season. What would be the tournament in Orlando and potential opponents? Feels like we’re opting out of some really good matchup at Mohegan Sun.

I could well be wrong with my thought process, but I thought a chunk of ESPN-sponsored exempt tourneys were going to be in Orlando, and possibly the Big Ten/ACC challenge. But to your point, seems odd to opt out if there isn’t something safer/more attractive/more lucrative they have agreed to behind the scenes.

4 Likes

Thanks. Suppose not having to throw a young lineup into the fire against Nova and Baylor isn’t the worst thing anyways.

2 Likes

I believe the Big Ten/ACC Challenge is going to be played on campuses.

1 Like