2019 - Wing - Romeo Weems (DePaul Commit)

I hope he goes to Depaul. Does he have some kind of connection there?

Regardless, imo if it is Oregon and DePaul, it’s a really bad sign for MSU and a clear sign that their brand has been hurt pretty significantly in the past 3-4 months in recruits eyes. This is an instate kid that they have prioritized forever and fits their style to a T. This kid should be a layup for MSU considering we haven’t recruited him heavily and he has no blue bloods after him.

2 Likes

Especially considering Dave Leitao may not even be there after 2019. DePaul really needs to drop out of the Big East and go back to Conference USA.

1 Like

I know JB hasnt been actively recruiting him in quite awhile, but does that mean Weems’ offer isn’t even committable at this point to Michigan?

What an odd time to commit if he’s going to end up at DePaul

Very weird recruitment in general, thats why I’m predicting Depaul. Whole thing makes little sense.

Have you checked his recent CBs… 42%… crazy
https://247sports.com/PlayerInstitution/Romeo-Weems-at-New-Haven-180007/CurrentExpertPredictions

holy shit wow, he’s actually going to Depaul

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

3 Likes

If you’re Depaul, why in the world would you want to even play in the $$ for kids world. It’s not worth the risk for fleeting success is it?

1 Like

Worth noting that DePaul assistant Tim Anderson was hired from Meanstreets, the program that Romeo Weems played with in April.

Back when they hired Anderson (and Bowen’s former coach at La Lu) the thought was that they were hiring coaches “just to try to land Bowen” but obviously a lot of notable connections to Meanstreets.

2 Likes

Fleeting success >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> zero success

1 Like

They’ve gotta fill that new barn. Consider it an investment.

Today’s Free Press says MSU is the leader. Based on CBs, they are technically correct.

It’s DePaul or MSU.

Nationally everyone is saying DePaul.

It will be interesting

Yeah national guys are saying DePaul and local guys are sticking with MSU. Will be very interesting to see who has better sources on this recruitment

Keep in mind that MSU insiders are in generally very poor and have a shotty track record. I believe that Scherer was ADAMANT that Lavert Hill was 100% going to MSU during that entire process, lol.

But, Sam says he has some info that makes him think it is still MSU (but obviously that could just be coming through faulty MSU sources).

So we’ll see.

3 Likes

I just figured that the Weems camp was telling FOPs and school-specific media types what they want to hear in a noncommital way until the kid makes his decision public.
:man_shrugging:

Ambry Thomas and Brandon Johns, too.

Anyone know what time he announces?

He announces at 4

Local time or DePaul time? :smile:

2 Likes