2019 - Wing - Romeo Weems (DePaul Commit)

It has, but I had never seen any public buzz about any particular school, so I assumed that meant nothing materialized. I guess I’d trust Braeden’s feel here.

There will be angry sparties tomorrow if so

95% MSU, 5% Oregon

1 Like

Just cause it’s so random and so little known I’m choosing DePaul out of left field with

1 Like

I don’t see how any kid could choose MSU right now or how any parent would feel anywhere near okay sending their child there.

Weems NOT going there would speak volumes on how that class is going to end up imo.

Idk this recruitment was odd and low key. I’m kinda frustrated with this one. If he was ready to commit so early and he seemed to be looking for any reason to not go to state , makes me feel like If we had turned up the pressure and prioritized him over say Wilson over the last few weeks/ month then I think we could have pulled the cone from behind upset.

I love Wilson and he think he’s a perfect fit for coach b but I still think weems is the better prospect and has far greater upside. No one could do more for weems in helping him work on his weaknesses and become the player he wants to be/ the best version of himself possible than coach b and the Michigan staff. He comes to Ann Arbor and I have no doubt he’s in the 2021 lottery / most likely a top ten pick.

Imagine a wing / 4 spot rotation of livers, Johns, ignas and weems. Hell they’d add a guard ( fingers crossed carton) and maybe they add another wing/ 4 to the class with weems. How does a depth chart in 2019-20 of

Sf- ignas/ weems / Wilson
Pf- johns/ livers

Imagine what coach could do with that projected talent at the 3/4 in two years. I’m predicting here that sophomore johns overtakes junior livers . Not sure if that occurs but johns to me is the more well rounded/ talented player of the two imo. I loved livers in high school and still do so this is no knock on him. I just really think johns could be special. Still think livers ends up a great option. Difference is livers is just really a 3 and d guy, who can finish well if someone sets him up. Nothing wrong with that but johns is those things plus the creation and handles to be a point forward

Imagine what he could do with those five and their varying skill sets. Mix and matching them with Ignas sliding to the 2 to back Poole for urn a Game would be a thing of beauty . Final 4 bound

I don’t think both Weems and Wilson would come. Too much overlap.

I feel like he became more interested in Michigan over time, but it never reached a huge level.

MattD said a long time ago he loved OSU, but that was before Matta was fired. Who knows? Anywhere but MSU, if he’s not coming here.

1 Like

Yep. If not higher.

1 Like

Dotman, I didn’t know you posted here! Always valuable to have guys with legit inside connections on the board.

Long time lurker and fan of site. Prefer being involved with sites where the discourse is about sports and not one another.

This is one.

8 Likes

FWIW, Brian Snow said on Scout 24/7 that he’s pretty sure Beilein hasn’t even been recruiting Weems at this point.

1 Like

Yeah. Go back through Twitter and try to count how many Meanstreets games Beilein was at during the two April evaluation periods. Then go back and see how many references you can see where he was watching Jalen Wilson. There are definitely other prospects that have been receiving more attention.

1 Like

He also played for the Family too though right?

I believe he switched before session 3, which wasn’t open to coaches.

Going to retract the certainty in the earlier post.

Just heard something that fuzzes things up.
I’d still expect him to pick MSU but a guy around Weems is hearing osu or Oregon.

Guess we will know soon.

4 Likes

I saw an OSU fan on reddit saying that people around OSU are confused about being in his top 5, because it appears that Holtmann never extended Weems an offer?

If he picks Oregon, it’s gonna be a great day on Twitter.

And just like that Brian snow went foggy on his crystal ball.

So did Josh Gershon. Wonder what’s up.

Phil Knight dropping bags

2 Likes

Now there are DePaul rumblings

That would easily be the strangest pick of the 5