2019 - Wing - Romeo Weems (DePaul Commit)

Everyone seems to pin Yaklich as the guy that could replace JB but man…Saddi as a recruiter would be a great head coach some day

1 Like

Not sure how everyone is saying that. Yaklich has only been here for a second. Mich will be looking for someone with major head coaching experience.

2 Likes

Yaklich is no way ready right now … after 5 years, maybe, if he learns some crafts on offense from JB.

I expect Beilein to have a lot of input about who replaces him.

1 Like

I would think the exact opposite. He’d only give his opinion if asked, and even then I think he’d be hesitant. He’s not a Coach K type who I’m sure is going to want to hang over the program after he’s done. Beilein is as real and humble as it gets/

1 Like

I disagree completely. I’d expect Beilein to care a lot about the future of the program and hiring the right successor is a big part of that. It could very well be decided while he’s still the coach. Hanging around after that is a different matter altogether.

Given the climate in CBB, Michigan would be foolish not to value Beilein’s input. There are a lot of very good coaches out there that cut corners. I’d trust Beilein to recommend someone who doesn’t.

1 Like

I know this thread is for 2018, but man, Weems is such a great prospect in my eyes. Would LOVE to get him in 2019, for a one-man class he would be outstanding.

1 Like

Can’t argue with that. Great replacement for Charles.

2 Likes

Didn’t see his Junior year highlights posted yet so I figured I’d put them here. Definitely can’t go wrong between him or Wilson. He takes the short shorts even further than Poole does haha.

4 Likes

The shorts rolling up is preposterous… Looked like he was wearing a diaper at times. As long as it’s a Michigan diaper he’s wearing in two years I think I can deal with it

Weems should be the priority of 2019. A lot of minutes will be available to him as an freshman.

1 Like

Update with quotes from Romeo Weems and video highlights from this weekend.

A year ago that headline would have had us very confused.

6 Likes

Weems will announce on Tuesday.

Wow. Thoughts? I’ve heard very little buzz with UM, guessing OSU or maybe Oregon. DePaul would be “interesting.”

MSU is my guess.

Why are you not guessing Sparty, LA?

I’ll scout the internet to see if I can find any info on this. On the surface, this seems like he wanted to go to one of MSU or UM. UM is no longer prioritizing him so he’s just gonna commit to MSU.

Oregon is my guess

3 Likes

I thought the Weems buzz has been “out of state somewhere” for awhile.

1 Like