2018 Recruiting Notes

Do you think Hyatt is a major upgrade to the current class? A instant impact payer?

Have only watched a bit of video. Also seems like he’s leaning toward staying in 2019 as I mentioned in the other thread. Big wing with a nice shooting stroke.

Brandon Johns and David DeJulius make Free Press Dream Team along with Loyer, Williams and Weems.

Really interested to see what direction JB goes with the open ship, who knows what is going on but can go grad transfer, standard transfer or highschool recruit. Seems like we are popping up with a few solid 19 recruits so is definitely a juggling act.

Seems like a wing candidate would be the priority and then a 2 guard. For 2019 we seem to be well stocked in PGs and 5s with 3 each and 3 guys that can play the 4.
I would prefer a grad transfer that can play the 2 or 3 this year or save the scholarship for 2019.

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: 2019 - Wing - Romeo Weems (Offer)

DeJulius and Castleton both with huge jumps into the Top 100 for Rivals’ final rankings. Johns rose 8 spots as well.

Also shoutout @slyboogie2 as Jeenathan Williams tied for the highest jump overall

7 Likes

No official stat for this, but I imagine Beilein/Michigan would be #1 for total spots recruits jump up to from commitment to the final rankings. Not just for this year either.

Based off my knowledge, the only recruit who fell a bit was McGary?

2 Likes

Wouldn’t surprise me. I’ve always thought that JB was as good (maybe better) of a scout as he is a coach.

3 Likes

Agreed and even with that, it still amazes me a lot of people (not here) don’t give him the benefit of the doubt when he identifies his recruits.

3 Likes

I’ll never doubt you again, Sly.

3 Likes

Interesting…One of the top available bigs out there not named Jordan Brown

Quite odd in my opinion. 300’s ranked guy at a position that has a log jam next year?

Makes you wonder what the pitch is. “Hey we need an extra body in practice! And if you never see the floor, well you can just transfer!”

Exactly, it’s almost setting him up for failure… A lot of the recent targets I’ve looked at as “Eh, I’d rather swing for a 2019 guy, but I’d be okay with this.” With Calloo I’d really have to dig to find a reason to genuinely like the addition.

Clearly Isaiah Livers must be declaring for the draft and hiring an agent. (Sarcasm. I think)

A big who can shoot 3 and put the ball on the floor, Beilein simply cannot walk past one without stop.

2 Likes

Hey it it is more fathomable than Nojel Eastern declaring

2 Likes

I would add that if the kid is willing to redshirt, he essentially becomes a 2019 recruit. Nothing wrong with making sure this isn’t another kid most programs overlooked.

He’s visiting Illinois soon (or just did). His stats in the adidas gauntlet were not very good. It looks like he has similar physical tools to Livers.

6.8ppg, 5.8rpg, 29.4%FG, 6-35 from 3, 54.9%FT