2019 - G - Cole Bajema (Commit)

I’m seeing one open on VC.

This also says one open.

Yea, I misread the chart. My bad.

It felt like that was just someone throwing a dart at a board after Beilein left since Bajema is from Washington.

In our case here, it probably helps that Beilein jumped in before anyone else did and he committed before he could really build relationships with any other teams. He may be starting somewhat from scratch at Michigan, but the same would be said for any team.

Some of it depends if Jaylen Nowell comes back or not.

I also think that his general affinity for the University growing up helps us here

2 Likes

Bajema following Howard twitter FWIW

5 Likes

He just affirmed his commitment on Twitter

8 Likes

For those who want to read it:

16 Likes

Cole does not care its past midnight on the east coast

7 Likes

That’s big. Get Wilson back and it looks like Howard will have retained all 3 of JB’s commitments.

2 Likes

Nor do I!

Am I still up? Hell yes.

1 Like

I was expecting that, given Cole growing up in Michigan. But still very nice to hear that he is fully onboard. Go Blue!

2 Likes

This is a big deal, 5 years ago or so um fans would have been thrilled with Bajema being the top recruit in his class.

3 Likes

Dylan— any idea when Bajema will report to U-M ? Freshman football players have already started to report at U-M, I am just curious when Jon Sanderson will actually start working with Bajema ?

1 Like

Random thing I just came across: a kid that graduated from Lynden Christian, Daulton Hommes, became a D2 star and is now an early entry into the NBA Draft and is considered a guy that will get Summer League and UDFA looks. And he’s actually similar to the type of player Cole could be. 6’8" guard w/ elite 3 point shooting.

I believe summer semester starts the first week of July. That’s when workouts start with the coaches as well, so I would suspect sometime over the next two weeks or so Cole would be on campus. Don’t have a specific date though.

Cole is going to be lonely in the incoming frosh pic :slightly_frowning_face:. To whom will we compare his height? Maybe Juwan will stand with him.

10 Likes

I’m still hoping Franz will join him. We need a quick end to Alba’s season and that Franz wants the US college experience.

5 Likes

Yep, exams for spring half semester are June 27-28 and then summer half term begins Wednesday, July 3 (why the University didn’t wait until after the 4th of July Weekend, I don’t know, but that’s a separate rant)

1 Like

Agreed. Especially annoying for me with a Tues/Wed/Thurs class. So I’ll have class on a Wednesday, and then nothing for five whole days? Ugh.