2019 - G - Cole Bajema (Commit)

10 Likes

Definitely looks like he’s bulked up. Still a ways to go but a good sign.

1 Like

It’s weird when your head coach might also be the best player on the team.

10 Likes

I got used to it in the Amaker era.

10 Likes

Cole looking 6’8”. He might still be growing

1 Like

Wagner looks 6ft8+ and is still growing too, next years team could be massive.

1 Like

Bajema was on campus this weekend for orientation. Dude is extremely, extremely thin.

1 Like

Pics or it didn’t happen

4 Likes

Not just orientation, summer semester starts this week.

2 Likes

There was that report he’d put on 20 pounds or so and was closer to 210/215. Still though? Bummer .

likely he also grew vertically

He was never previously even 190, more like 170.

1 Like

I probably have the starting point wrong but supposedly he’d gained 20. Could be I remember it wrong.

Yep. Even at 200 pounds a guy who is 6’8” is going to look thin. I’m not too worried about it though. Sanderson will put on another 10-20 this summer and Cole should be able to play a designated shooting time off the bench his first year. I never had him slated for big minutes in year one.

2 Likes

Folks, relax. Go look at pictures of Jon Teske when he signed on eons ago. Sanderson’s got this.

3 Likes

What’s this? A voice of reason?

Thanks, Mattski.

2 Likes

6-8/200 should be fine for perimeter play. I’m just hoping he’s physically ready now, vis-a-vis in a year.

Amir Coffey played his freshman year listed at 6’8, 195 and averaged over 12 PPG. If the talent is there, it can trump his lack of size.

5 Likes

Yeah it’s basketball, unless you’re playing center you can get by just fine if you’re thin.

2 Likes

I believe KD was about 210 in college, Cole is not as tall, obviously not as good either, but he will be OK playing at 200 with his skills. Caris played OK as a freshman, probably at 180?