2018 Recruiting Notes

1 Like

LOIs are in and Beilein quotes are up:

1 Like

It may be too much work, but I would really appreciate a periodic update on how our 2018 class members are doing throughout their senior year. The Michigan guys are sometimes in the news, but the out of state players are never covered. It would be great to know how they are progressing.

2 Likes

I feel like @BP3 will be great for stuff like that, at least with the in state guys. Like you said, it’s hard to get info on out of staters.

Yea I can try to keep this thread updated with the commits game stats. I wouldn’t mind. If someone can occasionally tag me in a message it can be a good reminder the day of games. I usually post these things on the Prep Hoops Michigan twitter so I can just copy the tweet into a post if I get reminded.

6 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: 2018 - PG - David DeJulius (Commit)

Thanks! I might want to slip on down to Ottawa Hills to see that game…

EDIT: I had better make sure I have the right Ottawa Hills first!

If it’s GR Ottawa Hills, I’d love to go! I live only a mile or so from there! Unfortunately, GOSH DARN IT, I’ll be out of town that weekend! Do you think I could get my wife to postpone her birthday by about a week?!?

Do you (or anyone) know if that Clarkston game is part of a holiday tourney/event? North Farmington is not far from me so that’d be my best bet…just curious if there are other games worth watching at that time too.

Thanks for posting!

A post was merged into an existing topic: 2018 - F - Brandon Johns (Commit)

I am not entirely sure to be honest. I assume so since its on a neutral court. I haven’t heard of many solo regular games being at a neutral venue.

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: 2018 - Wing - Ignas Brazdeikis (Commit)

Seems like he’s winning MVP at every tournament his team goes to. I’m looking for his 3p% to go up as well.

Iggy is almost certain to be part of the rotation next year. The others still have work to do.

I’m almost willing to bet $ he starts next year if he is even close to as good as advertised. Beilein will find him a spot at the 2, 3 or 4. Wherever just to get him on the court.

Matthews and Iggy at the wing spots could be pretty awesome. They would be a unique combo at the wing spots we’ve never had. Neither is a pure jump shooter (yet) but Matthews athleticism and Iggy’s physicality and handle would be fascinating.

I think we should start accepting that Matthews is gone after this year, lol

3 Likes

I haven’t seen any draft related “gurus” even mention his name. I know he’s off the radar right now but it’s not a 100% certainty at all right now.

2 Likes

Even if Matthews does declare, we should be fine. If Poole makes good improvements for next year, he and Iggy could be a great combo on the wings. Poole as the shooter and Iggy as a do it all scorer. A nice yin and yang combo at the 2/3 spots and Livers and Johns rotating at the 4 and maybe they occasionally slot in at the 3 as well.

3 Likes