2018 - PG - David DeJulius (Commit)

If the staff decides to stand pat in 2017 and it becomes clear in a few years that the guard spot is inadequate, I hope no one says we weren’t able to see it coming. I hope no one hesitates to put the blame squarely where it belongs.

A frontcourt player? I’m sorry but JB has mismanaged and misevaluated this roster going back to 2014.

If the staff decides to stand pat in 2017 and it becomes clear that the guard spot was adequate, I hope no one still insists it is inadequate or the staff got lucky. I hope people put credit squarely where it belongs.

Are you saying it is adequate with “still insists?” Thats hilarious. I’ll definitely own Poole not being starter level in year one and Brooks being a bench shooter. I’ve been on the record plenty saying there is a gaping hole where shot creation is concerned, so call me out if I end up wrong, but I doubt you’ll be around to own the long list of foolish opinions you’ve voiced on here.

Can we point to wins and losses as proof of adequacy, statistical proof of a yet-to-be-determined threshhold, or is this another issue of style points?

Not going to win tons of ball games with no shot creation and relying heavily on freshmen so I’m more than willing to use a certain win/loss baseline to gauge roster mismanagement and misevaluation.

It’s always easier to talk about results than philosophies. If the wins fall below Warde’s threshhold, then there’s no reason to split hairs about style anyway.

No, I don’t expect you to hesitate.

No, that’s not what I said.

Right? Haven’t heard that name in ages.

Excited to see this kid during the summer vs elite comp.

They couldn’t stop him. He was 15 of 19 from the foul line

First game of the eybl was tonight and he had a great game
24 points
2 rebounds
3 assists
3-4 FT
5-9 3pt

Killed it again in loss. Kid is going to shoot up rankings. I think he’s going to be very good. X , Brooks, and dejulius give me a ton of confidence going forward. Love what belein gathered here at the 1/ ball handlers spot.

Correct. This morning he had:
22 points
4 rebounds
5 assists
9-17 fg
4-7 3pt

He’s one of the best off the dribble 3 point shooter in the country

His ability to shoot the ball off the dribble has been impressive from the start. Looks like he’s doing the same thing to start EYBL play.

I agree it’s clear he’s that good. Ever since the first Mattd video a year or more ago I loved his game. He was posting guards up and hitting faders ect. Just a crafty player.

I think if you look at the roster make up that adding some athletic 4 and an athletic wing would fit well with our current young guys in 18. Some guys who can defend/ rebound and take it off the dribble to the rim.