2017 NCAA Tournament Games Thread

That’s what I’m hoping for as well, Make Louisville sweat it out.

I don’t know about his other big offers (or lack thereof), but I remember UM was interested. Ultimately, I would speculate that being a year behind Xavier Simpson as heir apparent to Walton probably dissuaded him. That said, I would take a big, bouncy PG like Dawson that can bully his way to the rim any day over a more skilled small guy, but plenty around here disagree. He’s definitely a nice pickup for Ok St.

But he’s got Evans there.

I think he liked ok st.

Anyone seeing any big upsets tonight? So far this tournament hasn’t produced any small school “Cinderella” stories. Can’t envision uc Davis or Kent st taking down Kansas or ucla. Troy-duke? Northern Kentucky-Kentucky?

Seems like a very “chalk-y” first round. Maybe R2 will see some #2 seeds knocked out :sunglasses:

1 Like

I had a very chalkish first round. I think I posted on here before the tourney that I didn’t see too many big upsets. There are too many good teams up top this year, hard for the mid majors to do it.

I think we are in for one of the best second rounds in a while. Really great matchups. All the Cinderellas are from the major conferences. Xavier, usc ect.

Uc Davis is probably gonna end up losing big but they have some talent and athleticism for a 16 seed.

Did anyone gamble on Wisconsin over nova?

Jackson had been great this year but I keep waiting for him to just take over and be the best player in America/ will this team to a title. Might not happen but I rode them in a pool. Kinda regretting it though. Wish they had another big who I could trust/ protect the rim

How in the world did this Miami team beat unc, duke, Virginia. They look awful. Not even sure what they are trying to accomplish on offense.

Michigan at was very impressive the last ten minutes

Msu made plays on offense but im so confused at how Miami beat anyone with that offense. Just seemed so aimless. Honestly it was like watching a mid major teams first trip into Cameron indoor. Where everyone who gets the ball looks like they are thinking “why do I have this orange, round thingy in my hands?”

What is Miami good at? They just look like a really bad team.

Usually their defense is decent if I recall. They have some talent. Newton, reed, brown, huel, Lawrence, the foreign shooter.

Either way I’m glad. I picked state. I also am rooting for the big ten to show it was much better then given credit for. It was a joke how bad it was disrespected. Unfortunately due to seeding it will be tough to see anyone make it to next weekend.

As usual big ten us deep just no elite squads.

I have no idea. I don’t see much talent out there. Some good athletes but no clue what they are doing on offense. Looking at their kenpom numbers they are pretty much Minnesota. So not much of a surprise that they are a decent defensive team with athletes and a clueless offense.

1 Like

Ucla showing why they might be pretenders, can they play this type of d and best Kentucky or unc? Again ?

No they cant. Said it the other day but if they were to win the title, they would be by far the worst defensive team to do so in the kenpom era. Someone will beat them when they are not on at some point this tournament. Would love to see it tonight just to see father ball’s face. Can’t stand that guy and he is making me hate his sons

1 Like

I don’t understand the “Big Ten is disrespected” narrative? The conference got 7 teams in NCAA Tournament, none as a double-digit seed — meaning none of those 7 were really all that close to the bubble. Additionally, Iowa was a #1 seed in the NIT, meaning it was one of the “First 4 Out” … so the conference was a lot closer to getting 8 teams in than 6 teams.

The conference earned one 4-seed and one 5-seed and quite honestly none of the teams in the Conference played like a top-3 seed.

Where’s the disrespect for the conference? National analysts are just being truthful, the B1G doesn’t have any strong Final Four candidates.

1 Like

Agreed for the most part. The big ten definitely doesn’t have any elite teams or at least teams that have been elite all year. I personally hate though when analysts talk about a conference in terms of being top to bottom better than another conference. When in fact all they are looking at is the top teams in the conference then crediting middling to bad teams for competing against them. You cannot convince me that the bottom of the acc was any better than the bottom of the big ten, nor the middle. The top of the acc certainly was better but that’s it.

Let’s go Kent st! Within 5 early second half