2017 - G - Greg Elliott (Target)

Again, it seems like you think I’m arguing against Greg. I’m really not, his ability to attack the rim would be fairly unique to this team. I think he’d be a three in this offense (think Manny slashing in the side PNR) and wish he was a little taller, but he does have good length.

If we are saying he’s probably not going to play next season that brings you to the next two questions: how would he compare to an '18 with a year in the program and can you get something else with the last scholarship that’ll help the roster next year.

I don’t think there’s a clear answer either way and I could buy either side at this point.

I also think you can be a playmaking guard who can shoot and pass with slow feet, look at Nik. Obviously defense is a concern with guys like that though.

1 Like

Elliot reminds me of Jordan McRae

1 Like

Fair enough. If the staff is willing to play the transfer market or go find a rim protecting big with the last scholarship then I’m on board.

McRae in JB’s system is a no brainer

How do we know that?

Matthews was a pretty sought after transfer, wasn’t he?

He was, but a transfer with three years of eligibility remaining. In other words, the need for immediate, guaranteed playing time wasn’t as strong. With a grad transfer with NBA aspirations, its absolutely paramount.

Good point.

1 Like

It could at the PG spot: the most up-for-grabs role on the team, next year.

Unfortunately, I also whiffed. Really thought X would be the facilitator/leader, out the gate, that the team needed. There’s still time, obviously, though. What I’m saying is JB can offer immediate playing time to a proven grad PG, as X has certainly not locked down the job.

I’ll come out and say you once projected something like 5-8 mpg for him and I called you out on it. I thought he would be a 10-15mpg and others agreed with me. So we all whiffed but some of us whiffed more.

Hopefully he is better next year.

HM grad transfer PGs are extremely rare. Much more likely to find a HM wing who can create on the transfer market.

I am not sure Bridges is leaving after one year. He probably will, but it might depend on how the season finishes.

I feel very bad for Zak, very bad.

That was me who said that I see some Manny in his game. I also think he has excellent body control when driving as Dylan has suggested. He may be thin but I like that he can play a grimy game. I guess in short, he tough.

2 Likes

Thing I love about Greg is not how fast his first step is, but rather the explosion - in any direction - on his 2nd/3rd step. That’s what we dont have now (no clue on CM). His acceleration seems to get him wherever he wants to be

Wait huh? Where was I for this. Was that common knowledge? So eastern wanted to commit but there was no room?