2016 Point Guard Recruiting (Xavier Simpson)

Well, this is my take…I hope the interest is mutual.

Dennis Smith Jr seems like a 2 way guard

Dennis Smith, '16 PG is putting on a show... He' s killing Justin Simon and Jaylen Brown's team at #adidasnations

— Riccardo Fois (@rick_bagassera) August 3, 2014

2016 Dennis Smith using defense to get offense going here at #adidasNations. Steals leading to dunks. Just blocked a J shooter. Another dunk

— Devin Ugland (@Devin_Ugland) August 3, 2014

Dennis Smith has been the best guard at Adidas Nations. He's bullying PF/C for rebounds like it's his day job.

— Joseph Duruaku (@josephgoazcats) August 3, 2014

Best I've seen from 2016 PG Dennis Smith this morning at adidas Nations. Dominating the game with his defense. Big time athlete for position

— Josh Gershon (@JoshGershon) August 3, 2014

Kansas, Michigan And MSU Turning Up Heat On 4-Star Point Guard
6 minutes ago
2016 Point guard Payton Pritchard has had a strong summer and recruiting interest from several midwestern schools is heating up.

According to his father and coach Terry Pritchard, Michigan State, Kansas and Michigan are coming on strong. In fact, the Pritchard’s are expecting a Michigan State offer this coming week.

6-0, 188-pounds out of West Linn (Ore.) High School, Pritchard will visit UCLA on August 6 once he is finished with adidas Nations.

UCLA has offered as well as Villanova, Virginia and Wisconsin. Villanova and Wisconsin have been recruiting Pritchard vigorously according to his father.

Currently Michigan State, Villanova and Wisconsin have picks in his Crystal Ball with Villanova leading at 60%.

Pritchard is ranked No. 47 by 247Sports and No. 36 in the 247Sports Composite.

Yeah, he has interest in Duke but it is not mutual. Multiple Duke sites have confirmed this.

Zagsblog says that Duke has already offered Smith?

Yeah, he has interest in Duke but it is not mutual. Multiple Duke sites have confirmed this.

From what I have read, Smith has interest in Duke but Duke has backed away. Smith has some demands (starting day 1, being the only PG Duke recruited, running offense through him)…that they won’t concede.

From what I have read, Smith has interest in Duke but Duke has backed away. Smith has some demands (starting day 1, being the only PG Duke recruited, running offense through him)…that they won’t concede.

Read Zagoria’s article from last night. Sounds like Duke wants him and has certainly already offered. Are they in the habit of offering with no interest? Agree that Smith has self serving demands, but the offer isn’t in question according to Zagoria.

Read Zagoria’s article from last night. Sounds like Duke wants him and has certainly already offered. Are they in the habit of offering with no interest? Agree that Smith has self serving demands, but the offer isn’t in question according to Zagoria.

I trust the Duke guys at 247 and Scout more than I do Zangoria.

Actually the byline is attributed to Joseph Duruaku, Arizona connection. Seems pretty emphatic that Duke has offered. Hope so, might take Derryck out of the equation.

#MSU #Spartans make offer to 4-Star 2015 SG Matt McQuaid and Top-40 2016 PG Payton Pritchard will take visit to East Lansing this week.

— BTP Recruiting (@BTPRecruiting) August 4, 2014

Pretty big implications for Cassius Winston and Jamal Murray

So much discussion about Dennis Smith :slight_smile:

Seems like everyone could be correct here. Duke has offered him, likes his game and would love to have him, but won’t meet whatever demands he has requested (playing time, recruiting other players, etc.) which means it might not be a likely match.

Trying to get Duke off of Derryck! Jerry Meyer cites him as saying Devils are recruiting him the hardest, and he is overwhelmingly crystaled that way. Not a big believer in Crystal Balls two years out, but Meyer still has him there.

So much discussion about Dennis Smith :-)

Seems like everyone could be correct here. Duke has offered him, likes his game and would love to have him, but won’t meet whatever demands he has requested (playing time, recruiting other players, etc.) which means it might not be a likely match.

Dylan do you know any top coaches that are going to overtly acqiceseds

More insight into Dennis Smith Jr http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=167&f=1386&t=12879307&p=1

So much discussion about Dennis Smith :-)

Dylan do you know any top coaches that are going to overtly acqiceseds

Fat fingered! Dylan do you know any top coaches that are going to overtly acquiesce to the petulant demands of a young man wishes? This is just immaturity at this stage of development on Smiths behalf. He will mature and realize it’s not all about him and if Duke is his local dream school that is where he will go. Hard to believe that he wouldn’t have the ball in his hands as much as JWill did when he was at Duke. An incredible talent that would flourish in a Duke attack. Take him Coach K and leave DTJR alone!

I get the feeling JB and the UM staff give no guarantees for playing time.

Cassius Winston visiting Maryland today. https://twitter.com/EvanDaniels/status/496653082097627137

Also Georgetown and Davidson it appears

2016 U of D Jesuit point guard Cassius Winston visited Maryland today and will visit Georgetown and Davison later this week

— The Family (@TheFamily_bball) August 5, 2014

Interview with Jamal Murray’s dad http://hoopshype.ca/roger-murray-speaks-son-jamal/

Winston a “strong lean” to MSU per this article

http://bigstagehoops.com/2014/08/06/winston-begins-august-tour-at-maryland/

His parents works at MSU…common knowledge.