2016 G Bruce Brown

He doesn’t have an offer as has been reported elsewhere, but Bacari watched him last night. Quick update on the front page.

Recent film of Brown - I like his game, quick first step, finishes well through contact, decent handle, above average athlete. Would like to know if he’s a consistent shooter because he looks to have the game of 2. Reminds me of CJ Watson

I liked his film as well. I would prioritize Langford and Battle, of course, but I like the fact that we are always looking for some additional guys if our first options aren’t immediately ready to jump on board. He reminded me a bit of a Randy Foye type player.

We seem to be casting a much wider net in 16 vs that of recent memory. Don’t know if that speaks to JB’s confidence after a few really good years, our he has just realized that limiting the pool to the extent that he did previously is probably not a good idea, or maybe a combination thereof.

I’d have him below Langford and Murray.

We seem to be casting a much wider net in 16 vs that of recent memory. Don't know if that speaks to JB's confidence after a few really good years, our he has just realized that limiting the pool to the extent that he did previously is probably not a good idea, or maybe a combination thereof.

Never had so many elite kids with mutual interest in Michigan. Title game followed by outright B1G title and Elite 8 got people’s attention. Trey, THJ, Nik, Mitch in the fist round, too. Also, losing out on Kennard and Booker in '14 when they both looked like good bets to play in AA has probably contributed to his relentless pursuit of additional prospects.

Coaches checking in on Brown today

Florida State, Iowa State, Virginia Tech and others watching BABC SG Terrance Mann. Michigan, Iowa State & VA Tech watching Bruce Brown.

— Derek Piper (@Future150DPiper) July 26, 2014

Bruce Brown SG 6’3 180 Class: 2016 Wakefield, MA

Brown is a rarity in AAU basketball, he is a player who is not only a great defender but someone who can dominate a game without scoring. Brown is the type of player who will always gain the assignment of guarding the opposing team’s top scorer and he will relish the opportunity. With quick hands and great lateral quickness Brown wreaks havoc on BABC’s famed full court pressure. Offensively, Brown is an explosive leaper often times finishing hard at the rim with contact. Brown must improve his outside shot and not disappear for long stretches on the offensive end.

http://www.nbadraft.net/aau-super-showcase-top-prospects