2015 Guard Kenny Williams decommits from VCU

Same here

Some more recent film on Williams. Pretty much a reflection of what I’ve seen live - good shooter, right hand dominant (even when it is more efficient to finish with the left he stills favors the right). Above average defender (don’t see many guards with defensive highlights). Can shoot off the bounce as well. Reminds me of Lou Williams (NBA) minus the handles.

Will say this though, Kenny isn’t just a good shooter, he’s an elite shooter. His shot is effortless…just really smooth.

And Webdog disagrees again for no apparent reason.

http://michigan.247sports.com/Board/59424/Contents/Michigan-team-to-beat-for-Kenny-Williams-36816727

247 seems to be driving the Williams to Michigan hype train. Reading the tea leaves, I think Williams prefers Michigan. I wonder if Michigan will take his commitment regardless of anything else or if they view him as a contingency for Caris leaving.

UVA is making a very strong push within the past 24 hours per the interwebs.

Virginia would have to overtake Michigan. Hearing from @JamieOakes247 that Kenny Williams will visit Virginia. https://t.co/rei4Qy8Vv9

— Jerry Meyer (@jerrymeyer247) April 16, 2015

If Williams is as much of a “homebody” as some of the sites report, I have to presume UVa has to be a player, perhaps one that could take the lead with little investment. JMO.

On my phone so I can’t embed the tweet, but Brendan Quinn is reporting that following JB’s in-home visit, Kenny Williams will visit Michigan.

Looks like we’re still pursuing him, which I’m happy about. I’m still not sure if he’s only a take if Caris leaves or if he’s a take regardless. Hopefully the latter.

See front page… He’s also visiting UVA and UNC this week.

See front page... He's also visiting UVA and UNC this week.

Ah, sorry I missed that. Do you have any feeling on the situation? The people on 247 seem certain that Michigan is the team to beat.

See front page... He's also visiting UVA and UNC this week.

Ah, sorry I missed that. Do you have any feeling on the situation? The people on 247 seem certain that Michigan is the team to beat.

UVA coming on very strong

Heard a lot of positives RE: U-M’s standing since he first decommitted, but it is interesting that he’s taking the officials to UVA and UNC first. I think he’d be a really good addition as well.

Heard a lot of positives RE: U-M's standing since he first decommitted, but it is interesting that he's taking the officials to UVA and UNC first. I think he'd be a really good addition as well.

Dylan - if I recall correctly you weren’t a huge fan of Williams the first time around. Has his game improved in your view? Or were you just able to view more film?

He looks a bit more versatile in his senior film than he did on the EYBL circuit. I also just think he’d be a good fit in terms of roster balance. A bird in hand/insurance situation w/r/t the 2016 class as well.

He looks a bit more versatile in his senior film than he did on the EYBL circuit. I also just think he'd be a good fit in terms of roster balance. A bird in hand/insurance situation w/r/t the 2016 class as well.

I’m not so sure on roster fit - Kenny isn’t going to create much for anyone at the next level, catch and shoot. I’m a fan of his game though because I think he’s a shooter that is a plus defender as well. Wish we would’ve grabbed Williams instead of Wagner and still grabbed 2 more upper tier ballhandlers.

Basically…can he be similar to Stauskas during his freshmen year. What I mean is, be a knockdown shooter but be a better defender. I don’t think he would be asked to come off pick and rolls especially with Walton, Irvin, and potentially Levert back.

Basically...can he be similar to Stauskas during his freshmen year. What I mean is, be a knockdown shooter but be a better defender. I don't think he would be asked to come off pick and rolls especially with Walton, Irvin, and potentially Levert back.

Stauskas was a high quality secondary ball-handler his freshman year, it’d be a lot to ask Williams to do that. People always underrate his freshman season, but there is a reason “not just a shooter” was a thing.

Agree that Stauskas was a great PNR player as a freshman (although he obviously had quite a supporting cast). Don’t think Kenny Williams would be quite that sort of player – at least to start.

However, he’d be a viable option at the two and a dead-eye shooter always has a place on this team. Adding in some defensive ability against guards would be a nice bonus.

A lineup of Williams/Robinson/Dawkins could really spread the floor and knock it down at every spot.

Think MAAR level defense with a shot - I like.

HS coach of top-100 PG Kenny Williams tells MLive that LeVert's return has no impact on Williams' interest in U-M. http://t.co/6IkPOkW8m8

— Brendan F. Quinn (@BFQuinn) April 21, 2015