College basketball corruption charges

I REALLY hope Coach K’s voice is part of those 3,000 hours

4 Likes

The leaked info is flying out fast and the timing is very interesting. Will the committee take any of this into account? Also, the one guy I’m nervous about having had on staff is Jeff Meyer. Doesn’t exactly have a squeaky clean image and we did manage to pull guys like Gr3 and Mcgary from Indiana. I hope we continue to stay out of all this but I’ve seen crazier things happen. What are the odds izzo is still coaching in 2018-19?

It seems to me most of the kids involved were coming from situations where the money was needed quiclly. would Mcgary and Robinson even bother to take a risk if they weren’t in need?

1 Like

Wouldn’t think so but you never know. Obviously I think JB runs as clean of a ship as anyone but you never know is all. I feel pretty good about the fact that these names that keep coming out of local kids that we didn’t really pursue hard might be an indication we weren’t going to be dealing with handlers in the process. Eric Davis, Sumner, bridges, Jackson, etc…

2 Likes

Our case was a little more complicated because Martin was a Michigan booster.

2 Likes

By all accounts - Tom Crean’s stupid meltdown notwithstanding - Jeff Meyer is a good guy, ethical, who just got caught up working for a bad guy in Kelvin Sampson. I have zero worries about any Michigan guys getting named. And I think they are all Bartelstein clients anyway.

2 Likes

Yeah, if true, he’s done.

Oh, and for anyone reading this thread, I suggested years ago that one reason why we kept missing on five stars was that other schools were offering things we couldn’t.

The dissenting position was that JB “can’t sell the program,” that his teams are “boring,” that we “don’t have any swagger,” and that his visit before we offer policy was outdated, stupid, etc.

Frankly, at this point, given what he’s up against and who he has landed, I’d say JB is actually a very good recruiter.

20 Likes

It’s probably worth noting that, as if now, there is no tie to a program doing something wrong. If an agent to a kid out to lunch, or paid him to sign with them later on, that has nothing to do with the program. Could more come out? Sure. So far, this is nothing.

Yep. You’ve been consistent all along. The narrative that JB’s recruiting techniques were “outdated” or that he “couldn’t relate to today’s player” were all ridiculous. I think it’s pretty evident that every kid that comes to Michigan absolutely loves playing for Beilein.

6 Likes

Well we know for certain that DJ didn’t atleast

But yeah this is the best day ever

I want him to fall more than Izzo. Been shady most of his career as far as I can tell, but national media acted like he was a saint.

2 Likes

Check the latest Sean Miller news.

1 Like

I may not have to guess at which round Sean Miller will choke this tournament.

Watched their game last night, now that’s time wasted.

1 Like

I remember people commenting on the forum that DJ didn’t like playing for JB, but I don’t remember any direct quotes. Did DJ ever comment about it?

1 Like

Well we know because he said it on The Dak and Dunk podcast. He said the only reason he didn’t transfer was because he didn’t want to have to sit out a year after barely playing the previous two years. You can still dig up that podcast if you want to know more

https://sports.yahoo.com/arizona-must-fire-sean-miller-amid-mounting-evidence-knowingly-cheated-061305930.html

I don’t think Coach Beilein is easy to play for. He’s very demanding.

Any player like DJ Wilson, sitting on the bench, but convinced (rightly or wrongly) that he is better than the players in front of him, is likely to get disgruntled.

1 Like

I remember the podcast. Thanks for the reminder. I interpreted those comments to have been about his first two years in the program, not that he was still dissatisfied after his third year. I could be wrong though.

4 Likes