College basketball corruption charges

My take was that DJ wanted to play the 4 and Beilein needed him to back up the 5. Then we brought in Teske and Davis to back up Wagner and Donnal, so DJ was able to move to the 4. I don’t remember Wilson having any complaints that year.

1 Like

Yep. Don’t forget, DJ thought he was a one and done. Which, if you remember how physically undeveloped he was, was completely crazy. Not to mention he was largely ranked outside of the top 100.

Pretty easy to get upset if you think you’re a one and done but end up with a redshirt.

4 Likes

Wow! This is pretty damning for both IU and MSU. I had heard MSU’s Stevens name mentioned befor as Izzo’s bagman, but never any details or confirmations. Going to be an interesting March.

So, lets say the lid blows off this thing and it causes mass chaos with multiple blue blood/top tier programs implicated…

Any chance we could lose Coach Beilein to another school? Lets take Arizona for example if/when they fire Miller. Could they reach out to Beilein and throw big $$$ at him? Squeaky clean image, successful coach that could keep the ship afloat at a basketball school, etc. Yeah, he may only have 5 or so years left but he could keep things from bottoming out while the school moves thru the process.

I do NOT think this will happen where we would lose Coach but the thought came across me that this wasn’t completely out of the realm of possibility.

Even in this nightmare scenario, I don’t think JB would go anywhere with next year’s class coming in. We are going to be top 5 good in my opinion.

3 Likes

Not a chance.

3 Likes

With all that is going on, JB has an opportunity to take us from solid program with off years, to perrenial powerhouse.

4 Likes

There’s a reason why Beilein basically stayed at all his other stops for 5 years and he’s now in year 11 at Michigan. He’s got a great job and loves it here. He’s built a really good program and I don’t think he has any interest in starting over somewhere else at age 65. He’s going to retire at Michigan when he decides the time is right.

8 Likes

Yeah JB is to old to restart. Maybe if he was 10 years younger

Doubt it very much. He doesn’t coach the kind of basketball that teams like Duke and Kentucky and Arizona want, for one. And I can’t imagine that he’d want to spend the last five years or so of his career being some other program’s “transitional person” rather than finish out at the school where he’s had his best years. I’ve never gotten the impression that Beilein was about the money. He wants a place where he can coach the way he wants to coach, and Michigan is it.

Make no mistake…the schools that get blown up by this will not learn the lesson “don’t cheat”. They will take away the lesson “hire someone who will cheat and not get caught”.

3 Likes

I’m sorry, but this is ridiculous. This is like negativity as performance art. It’s a little mind-blowing to me that you could read a story that could not leave us better positioned (and finally vindicated) and find the negativity truffle. Sometimes the pessimism of this fanbase combined with a virulent strain of people thinking that every guy who has one very good game is going pro! or should go pro, it just gets so old. BE HAPPY! ENJOY!

Practically every other college fanbase is sweating bullets, sit back and enjoy a well-deserved cooling breeze.

3 Likes

That’s the worst part, he cheats and still can’t make a Final Four haha.

2 Likes

I’ve believed that he’s a garbage big game coach and a cheater for years. I don’t feel good about this, it just is what it is. He’s been heading for this reckoning for a loooooong time.

3 Likes

I have very little faith in the NCAA that they react in a timely and decisive manner. The committee will be in CYA mode. Lots of jobs in Indiana…must protect the empire at all cost.

NCAA should’ve asked Yahoo to share the documents but I think that they will be passive.

1 Like

No. The system requires me to type at least 10 characters, but no. This is his last stop. He is going to leave a legacy of a kind we rarely see anymore, that will resonate for a long time to come.

6 Likes

Lmao

3 Likes

I cant help but to read that like the higher-ups were aware of and actively supporting Miller. But also lawyers can work some black magic.

1 Like

Guessing he’ll get fired for no reason at all.

3 Likes

It’d be hilarious to see Miller and his lawyers argue that he was fired for cause so he can get that extra few million while Zona admin and lawyers try to argue it’s just differences about direction of program or something like that

3 Likes