Caris Levert's injury

I’m convinced more than ever Caris might’ve slightly tore something this make no sense with that day to day crap I wouldn’t be surprised if he rest for the draft.

Some hero ball would have been nice during that 25-0 run.

So much for the worry about LeVert ruining offensive chemistry lol.

1 Like

You’re right – if he had played, we could have kept things respectable, more like the SMU game.

1 Like

Yes, if we had our leading scorer and best creator/distributor, we likely would have kept it closer and not given up a 25-0 run.

It’s odd that you would still troll me regarding LeVert. You should be able to concede that LeVert has improved significantly in the areas you were concerned about (shot selection, over-dribbling, etc.).

17.6 points and 5.2 assists on 50.9% from the field and 44.6% from three is great.

This is the kind of caustic but completely unproductive hamsterwheel stuff that’s starting to make this place sag a little. See you all again after MSU, at least for a second.

1 Like

Yep.

I’ll be the first to tell you that I debate quite a bit. The thing is, I have no problem conceding or admitting when I am wrong about something. If others could concede things like the fact that LeVert has been great this year rather than citing his one terrible game then these debates could actually be productive. When only one side of these debates is ever willing to concede, it turns into what Mattman just described as a hamsterwheel.

Unfortunately, there is a very vocal subset of board posters that seems to prefer when Michigan loses so that they can repeat their same tired arguments.

I get the frustration–everyone is frustrating. But some of these posters ignore and skew facts to further a narrative. This place becomes very difficult to read after a loss.

This place was just fine after the Iowa loss because the team was competitive. There were many positives to take away from it. That was an enjoyable game to watch.

Continuously lose in embarrassing fashion and people are going to voice their displeasure. There are new expectations for the program. Go to other major basketball program’s forums after repeated embarrassingly losses. This board is mild in comparison.

The “other fan bases are worse” argument isn’t justification in my mind. Screaming that JB is a terrible recruiter after each loss doesn’t really further any meaningful discourse. Again, I understand the frustration, but I don’t see why anyone needs to vent on a message board. I’d rather talk about / read about the specific breakdowns.

College Basketball isn’t rocket science. Recruiting is the lifeblood of any program. A lot of us sound like broken records when we complain about our recent recruiting classes but it is the foundation of our problems right now. MattD warned all of us about the direction JB’s recruiting was taking us. Well, we’ve just about arrived at our final destination. It’s not pretty.

Btw, The breakdowns of games are on the home page. They are always good reads.

1 Like

Since the subject is about LeVert, do you think LeVert would have been helpful in not giving up a 25-0 run?

Do you think referencing the worst game of possibly his career is objective when discussing the potential impact LeVert could have had against Indiana?

I’m responding to you against my better judgement but, yes, Caris Levert would have helped to stop a 25-0 run.

However, that’s like saying taking an aspirin will help a broken leg. You’re right in saying the aspirin will help. In no way does that aspirin fix your broken leg.

Levert had his best game of the year in a blow out loss vs Xavier. He stopped many runs in that game. We all remember what the end result was. This team has far too many flaws for Caris Levert to fix them on his own. His absence in these non competitive losses is not a valid excuse.

1 Like

I appreciate you admitting that rather than just using LeVert’s worst game to insult the impact he could have or would have had.

I think MPB’s got this right. Obviously LeVert would have made a positive impact, but anyone who would suggest that he’s the difference between a win and a monstrous blowout is kidding themselves. Even Hield or Dunn could not do nearly enough to offset the lack of toughness and effort from the rest of the roster during that game. And LeVert, for all his virtues, is no Hield.

I really think that Caris will play tomorrow. He has been pain free for a while and has started to pracitce.

Tea leaves reading attempt here: JB says today “He practiced yesterday more than he has practiced. So he’s going to do more today than he did yesterday. We’ll see what happens.”

While that can be taken as equally vague, I think that (and Dylan others can correct if wrong) in every other press briefing he has said something definitively negative about Caris playing the next day with possible exception of IU. Things like (and I’m not exactly quoting), “doubt we will see him”, “not tomorrow”, etc were a lot more conclusively negative than “we’ll see what happens”. Trying to take my rose colored glasses off, but hoping this is a positive inflection. Really need him back, even if in limited minutes.

He says the same crap every game .

I hope I’m wrong but I think we might have seen Caris last game at Michigan I hope I’m wrong.

It was just clearly pointed out by JVS that what he said today is different than what he has said before other games.